ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Ploblem ! (rear lights)

Mk2 Clio
my lights on rear arent working, have tried changing bulbs, wd40 the connector pins to get rid of corosion, and still no imporovement, been told it could be the connector block or the actual unit of the lights.

Should i take this to renault/ or go to just a local garage, reason i ask this as i am guessing that renault would charge me more, but would a local garage be able to fix this?

car no longer has any warranty so i cant get fixed for free

any help would be much appecaited, thanks

vaux cavalier
Which lights have failed mate???

Brake lights, Tail lights, Indicators or all of them???

If it's all of them, then the only common point would be the light cluster earthing point....

Mk2 Clio
yeah many people have said its a earth connection falt, its all them but radomly sometimes bits of them will work, atm most common no left indicator no right tail light, i need get them fixed soon due to MOT, at end this month

Might be the fuses mate as its a bit of a coincedence if both sets of rear lights are doing it, you would expect only one side to corrode or something

Mk2 Clio
yeah i tried them to, seem fine, should i book it into renault or would you say a local garage would be able fix this

test some rear lights from another clio,then if thats good you know its a wiring issue as youve ruled out fuses