ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Problem..AGAIN! PLEASE HELP!

is dirty.
Out tonight in the car..heard a little clunk then put it into gear but ther was no power. So i pulled over tried moving off but there was no bite and I could put it into gear with no clutch down with the engine running.
Also when its in fifth and i try pulling off theres a whirring sound.

It is totally funked..somebody please help..:(

is dirty.
Well if it is its probably gone. Theres no bite at all. Anybody else got any suggestions on what it might be?

PLEASEEEE

2 wheel power
I would also say clutch, what your describing is basically what happened to mine when the clutch went. Put it into reverse and walk away from the car, all my mates found that hilarious.:dapprove:

is dirty.
That wont be too costly will it?..Just hope it is probably that rather than something bigger and more expensive.

what year is the car?

maybe the clutch cable has jumped out of its little clip... i was shocked how easy it was to pull out of its little clip in the engine bay... which when i did there was nothing from the clutch pedal obviously...

maybe worth checking?

yep same as mine... not sure if the engine/gearbox setup is the same though...

...even though... go and look in the engine bay... about in the middle at the front look down to see if you can see a cable... if its hooked onto the little clip it probably means your clutch has acctually gone... whereas your problem sounds like its jumped out, so if its hanging loose from the clip you know what the problem is..

is dirty.
As mentioned above probably as you was posting..:p it is a 51 plate mk2 phase 2 and has done only 27k miles. So 27k in 5 and a half years.

is dirty.
Hi does anybody else have any suggestions on what it might be or any pictures on where to look for the clutch cable etc.
Thanks.