ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big puddle,clio went swiming :(

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
came across a big puddle last nite and went threw as it just looked long not so deep well....
as i got threw it the water covered some of my headlights so it was over engine hieght there was no noticable problems going home but i let it run for 10 mins when i got back and then started it twice just to check all was well,went to bed happy,
went out to car about an hour ago and got the glow plugs/electrical problem light flashing as i put the ignition on started my car and it was struggling to idle a bit like an 3 cyl job so not drove it just left it and got a lift with my flatmate,got to work to get told that agensys are sent home so im back home and had the clio running for 10 mins and its running better but still lumpy,

coill pack,any sensors,air intake maybe had a drink
any1 with any ideas would be much help,thanks,

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yeah its been raining all day yesterday so there was lots of puddles but just this one was a monster,just came round a corner then into second and kept moving threw it,
yep sumthins defo got water in it cos its sounds like im misfire and lumpy,
took of the air filter which was slightly damp and looking inside the plastic housing for the throttle body bit there was a bit of water in the bottom of it managed 2 soak some out,
will it be a case of new coil or try let it dry out,
haha fooking puddles

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
aye standard engine only a backbox,16 16v engine,
had it runing for about 1+1/2 -2 hours today and defo got rid of the worst of the problem on idle jus need to take it out for a wee test drive see if its missfiring alot threw the gears.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
the car has now stopped giving me my warning light for ignition probs,
still geting missfire/low idle but just not as bad as before
had it up the road and back and its missfiring threw the gears-i went 1st 2nd 3rd thats all the roads good for cos its a bumpy cnut,
will the coilpack dry out/get better or is it a replace job?ive got new plugs oil filter and a panel air on its way so could prob get the car serviced and running tomorow if its a coil pack on and new one on,tricky job?
many thanks,