ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bigger rims on Nreg clio

Vee dub

Just a quick question for those that know:

I got an N reg 1.2 Clio and Ive currently got 15"s (6.5) on 195/45 tyres.

If I wanted to change rims and get the Cup wheels, would it require much work? Wanted the Polo gti bbs (rx2?) wheels but I dont think theyll go.

Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers,

Tom

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 09 March 2004

u can av up to 195 width on the non 16v clios so u can av woteva wheels u want!
Oh right, nice.

Have to consider what to get.

cheers

yeh, any reasonable size wheel with a 195 tyre on. Ive currently got 16inch wheels with 195-40s on. Also lowered -40mm and i can get three people in the back no problem without rubbing.

17s may go ok or they may catch, hard to say until you get them on. If they catch ul need to get the inner lip of the arch rolled or just grind it away.

Im thinking about slamming mine once the kits on so i may need to sort the inner lip out.

Craig.

ps. might be difficult finding a tyre of 195 on 17 inch wheels tho.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by wallzyuk on 09 March 2004

yeh, any reasonable size wheel with a 195 tyre on. Ive currently got 16inch wheels with 195-40s on. Also lowered -40mm and i can get three people in the back no problem without rubbing.

17s may go ok or they may catch, hard to say until you get them on. If they catch ul need to get the inner lip of the arch rolled or just grind it away.

Im thinking about slamming mine once the kits on so i may need to sort the inner lip out.

Craig.

ps. might be difficult finding a tyre of 195 on 17 inch wheels tho.
Really? I honestly didnt think I cud get 16s on and lower it!

Seriously considering the cup wheels now!

Cheers mate

u can get 17s and lower it, the height of the wheel/tyres doesnt really matter as my mate has 18" rims on his RSI. Its the width of the tyre that will cause you problems.

Ive had in a year

165/60/13 - No rubbin
195/50/15 - No rubbin
205/40/17 - Smashed rear archs, front archs were fine
195/45/16 - No rubbin

All lowered at 40mm front and 60mm back