ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biggest Size Calipers on 15s

Anyone know if i can uprate my calipers keeping the existing size brake disk with the standard 15inch turbine alloys? I know the size of my wheels will effect the size of the disks i can use, but will i still be able to fix a set of 4pot hispecs on there?

Ideas anyone?

Think standard calipers are as big as ya can go.

I know on my Phase2s, there aint much clearence.

well 4 pots need a certain sized disc dont they so would need to see wot the smallest kit out there is!

probably 285mm i wouldav thought

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Check the BB/K-tec brake thread from yesterday or day before, I believe Marc is running 4 pots with standard sized discs.

AP racing do a kit for the valver, problem is the wheel they used was a 15 inch compomotive (renowned for taking bigger brakes than normal wheels)

Its a 4 pot kit with 295mm discs.

-Rob

Willwood Dynalites will bolt straight on using standard size discs . All the braking power you will ever need and there really isnt any need for bigger discs . I have never experienced any brake fade even on track with this set-up .

Their available from Rally Design http://www.raldes.co.ukwww.raldes.co.uk and the prices are really good .

Yes mate, you can.

And mark has already put up the willwood link. They dont just bolt on and an adaptor plate is needed, but nothing special there.

Ben / Mark

Thanks for getting back to me - Will i still be able to keep my 15inch turbines? Im thinking there may not be enough space as the std oem calipers come fairly close to the wheel as it is.

?

I still use 15" wheels , which is the main reason I use this braking set-up . If anything their is probably slightly more clearance from caliper to wheel with the Willwoods .

To be honest Im not that impressed with the website . Your best off picking up the phone and getting them to send out a catalogue . You will also need a new set of braided flexi hoses as the standard ones dont fit .

If you do go for this set-up then I would recommend Willwood Poly D pads for road and Poly A for track use . I use Poly A all the time these days though , its just they are a bit snappy when cold . While your at it , buy a set of the group "n" discs from them which are very hard wearing .

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think Tarox also do some replacement calipers for standard sized disk. Number is in discounts section and you have to phone I think as email was no good.

Im going to give the company a call today - im going to get a few quotes and also request a catlogue.

Im currently running with a set of TOROX G88 40 groove discs upfront with a set of DS2000 pads. Ive just ordered a set of goodridge braided hoses so i shouldnt have a problem connecting the hoses. Its just i didnt want to replace my alloys or G88s for a sake of the caliper - now you guys have confirmed i dont need to invest in wheels & discs im more then happy. I think these willwoods will complete my brake setup nicely!!!

thanks again

:D

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 26 February 2004

WooHoo - Willwood Dynalite II 4 Pot Calipers £69.50!!!

Group discounts available! Roll up Roll up!! :D
:eek: thats well cheap! so you just need these and they go over exiasting discs?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

That is really cheap! Did you get the price on the phone? I think I might get the full setup: Discs,calipers,pads and brake lines sounds like a real bargain!