ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bike crash

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Wasnt there a crash in wales or somewhere and this guys head came off and the police chief held it up in the air or something.

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
forking ell. my mate had a bike crash recently . went through the rear window of a taxi., fractured his spine. messy stuff motorbiking. i have one ( ktm sx 450 ) but strictly off road only. im to scared to take it on0road. but in all fairness. this guy was being a t**t !

T

thecremeegg

thats not pleasant :dapprove:
thats why i never intend to own/ride a bike, im too much of a wimp

Lotus Elise 111R
Horrendous. Tin box with airbags for me. Racing on the roads is a recipe for disaster. Add in the speed this guy was going and the wet weather...

vauxhall corsa c
people like that vid give us safe bikers a bad name and i hate it im only 19 and ride a 125 i get giddy sometimes but make sure its away from others.

Yaris Hybrid
Back in '93 I was told a story by one of the instructors on my CBT about a guy that crashed and was decapitated.

One of the fireman that was at the scene (I think a car was involved or fluids spilt) found his helmet but when he looked inside there was no head.

They spent ages looking for the head but couldn't find it until they discovered that the bloke hadn't been decapitated at all but the head had actually been pushed down inside the body! :eek:

Anyway, with regards to that video it looked to me as though the bike could have taken the corner easily. What happened was a case of target fixation where the guy panicked after only just missing the first bike that came in the opposite direction and that got him looking towards the otherside of the road and the other bike. Where you look the bike goes...

Loads of people crash on corners that the bike could have taken easily. Not down to a lack of bike control skills but rather a lack of mind control skills.

All this talk of bikes being death traps, and riders having their head torn off etc. Cars aren't much better. An 80mph head-on with another car, and they'll be hosing you out of your car.

Clio Sport 182
This is starting to make me feel a bit quesy.... I have been riding bikes for 7 years now and have been knocked off once by some yank who decided to go across two lanes of a roundabout to a motorway collecting my rear end on the way, Luckily I wasn't going fast so I walked away with minor scrapes and bruises etc but I have been out with some people that are total dead heads and ride way beyond there capabilities being only 23 most people would look at me as inexperianced unless they have rode with me. I have had the great priveledge of riding regularly with an IAM instructor and find that I have matured immensly. Bikes are far too dangerous to use flat out on roads with the power and weight they gain speed in no time and when people start riding to 'keep up' the consequences are inevitable. Traffic police as harsh as they can be have the experiance of the road and deserve a lot more respect than they are given, although in my opinion they could be more proactive in teaching safe speeds etc and I think this would help massively with the amount of road accidents

182 Cup Inferno
i am totally frightened to death of bikes because my mum could of died as a young child after being mowed down by one, i could not have been born, now she has epilepsy which possibly ruined some elements of her life, like never being able to have a job (an having to rely on shite government benefits). my uncle also had an extremely bad accident with a bike which scarred him for life.

some bikers are sensible on the roads but most where i live are complete t***pots because they think they can get away with it.

alien green rs133
admitidly, bikes can be dangerous, but so can cars, to be honest i think its down to the person in control, i ride a motorbike everyday, and aslong as you dont ride like a complete and utter tw:star:t then i see no problems with motorbikes, knowing you limits while in control of any vehicle is key, also being aware of the conditions and other road users, keeping all them in mine you shouldnt cause an accident, but you cant control other people:dapprove: