ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bike engines.. (hayabusa mainly)

how much do you rekon a decent low milege (5K) 1300cc hayabusa engine would cost? and how much would i get for my engine 2.0 16v 172bhp (9K). Also how much would it cost to fit a turbo too the bike engine and what bhp would i be looking at then? would this be faster than the standard 172 given its light weight 4cyl ? would this be cheaper to do than fitting/purchasing £6000 ktec turbo ? im thinking it would.. but would the performance gains be simular?

erm i wouldnt do bike engine as i doubt the clutch and box will stay very long in a car that weighs as much as the 172. how you gonna drive it chain drive ??? prop ?? would have to go to rear wheels dont think there is gearbox for a bike engine that would take drive shafts. busa engine is about 1400 turbo about 2.5-3 i think your looking at about 300bhp and some torque but not sure how much. you could talk to z cars they do bike engines in stuff but tbh i doubt you could do it

thanx... just that the ktec turbo is too expensive.. so nxt car just like anyone else whos into engine performance will have to be a turbo and that means no clio :(.. although at the mo i really like the cute/mean look of my 172 and thats enough for the mo...

((i wanna 4wd twin turbo bike engined clio :mad:))

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 25 March 2004

thanx... just that the ktec turbo is too expensive.. so nxt car just like anyone else whos into engine performance will have to be a turbo and that means no clio :(.. although at the mo i really like the cute/mean look of my 172 and thats enough for the mo...

and a bike engined 172 would be cheap?

well thats very impossible lol would have to be twin engined to do 4x4 with bike engine

best bet is buy a kitcar much more fun and cheaper to build lol

Dont know about the bhp, but a Haybusa T will do 0-220mph is around 15-20 seconds. Fitting a turbo to the bike should be cheaper than the k-tec.

lets just imagine i have lots of wonga... :)

id love to hear my clio rev 14K on the tacho. i asked the question cos i didnt really know if it was possible at all??

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 25 March 2004

yes it would be but its impossible to fit one to the 172 (ok ok not impossible but not gonna happen)

Evan iw as thinkign about doing this when i get a clio, i shall prove you wrong sir !!!

:devilish:

:cool:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye like the Clio Turbo conversion running up to 300bhp through the front 2 wheels wont be scary enough lol !

Anything is possible!

there is a hayabusa engined 205 RWD rally car. it sounds great. If I remember correctly, it cost close to 100k.

Youd need a lot of fiberglass panelling etc. to keep the weight down.

the easiest option would probably be to have it rear mounted, as they do in autograss racing.

A decent 1400 (bored out) hayabusa engine can give up to 210BHP, but not a great deal of torque.

A standard engine only produces about 110 ft/lb of torque.

like i said would have to be rwd with a v6 rear subframe it can be done im just telling you you wont be doing it unless you have more than say 15 k

2005 Nissan Navara

bike engines do not produce enough torque to shift a clio. they are high reving beasties (this is how they get thir power) and could only be used in light weight vehicle eg kit cars, minis, and reliant robins!!

as has been said the gearbox wont last. for a start u will have twice the traction (2 driving wheels instead of 1), not to mention the extra mass ur trying to shift.

do u have the faciliities to space frame a vehicle? do u know how to? cos questions like "i asked the question cos i didnt really know if it was possible at all??" make me wonder.....

youd need a spaceframe and fiberglass or maybe carbon panels.

If you couldnt do all this yourself, youd be looking at serious money to get someone to build you one.

There are probably better transplant options out there though.

It could be possible to get it as FWD, there is a FWD hayabusa mini (old mini). that does sprints and hill climbs.

Oh, and it DEFINITELY would NOT be cheaper than a 6 grand KTEC turbo!

But it IS possible. :)

Great idea in something that weighs similar to a Westfield or Caterham, bad idea in anything heavier as the lack of torque will leave you revving the nuts off it, before anything happens.

Im currently in the midst of converting my 1760 X-flow XR2 to busa power.

Its not hard, just costly, firstly you need the engine, which are now expensive as fook due to demand from kit cars etc. So 2.5 K will get you one.

Then fitting takes fabricating mounts which again sint hard. You mount it transversely like in the bike, use chain drive to a transfer box which costs 800 quid or so, then get some driveshafts made up to fit the hub and the transfer box.

Then you complete the basics of cooling, fueling, electronics etc etc.

Cost about 4k or s getting the engine in, turboing a busa engine after a 1600cc bore and stroke will cost about 4k again.

So ultimately its more expensive, less reliable, harder to drive etc etc.

try holshot racing should answer all your questions on turbo busa engines and then try quaiffe for reverse box

I there are a few companies (America normaly) who sell turbo motorbike kits Ive been looking at them at work for the past few days ironically.

A 172 engine is about £750 I would guess and the box another £250 (low estimates).

You may be best using the 172 box and make a cltch linake with adjusted 172 gears or a motorbike reduction kit (about 30% reduction is speed should be fine) lowering the resvs from the engienwill help with the lack of torque but if your turboing it then youll get the torque back anyway.

The potential for the motobike engine is better than the 172 (there are some 600+hp hyabushis out there anyway) although they cost a fair wack (about 2 V6 CLios worth). For a good selection of kits ect try here. http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/ kit availiable for upto 575hp I think

TTS does some lovely turbo Hyabusa engines, 1600cc conversion.

But itd be almost impossile and practically stupid to mate the engine up to a 172 box.

The engine has a catridge style box built in so you only need a transfer box with Diff in it and you can retain the sequential box.

2005 Nissan Navara

wot are the losses like, do u know??

the 106 GTi box weve got on tha AX i was telling u about loses 30%!!

No idea on the losses, but its only a simple reduction gearbox with 2 gears most probs.

And 30%, dont think so mate.....try justify that.