ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billy ICE

just bought a 2003 clio billabong.

i got the renault factory upgrade with 4x40w cd HU, and 6cd changer, but i wanna beef the sounds up a bit more.

will i be able to run an amp and sub from the standard head unit, or is there any way i can fit amp/sub easily?

also, if i do this, is it true i would be better off scrapping the rear speakers?

thanks

thanks

NO you wont be able to run an amp and sub of the standard headunit you shouldnt have upgraded with renault aan should have spent your cash on an aftermarket unit!

im not too fussed as i got the upgrade for FREE, told em i wouldnt buy unless it was free. oh well.

thinkin about a cassette HU in that case, with the adapter for the steerin wheel controls. this can be done, yes?

Yeah I think Alpine and Kenwood HUs can be purchased with an adapter to keeping the steering wheel remote.

I wouldnt go for a tape HU Cds are the best you can make up compilations on CDs easily these days tape decks are usually over priced and offer poor performance these days.

Just my opinion.

would the Alpine be a better option, as the changer is Alpine also. just thinking of compatablilty, etc.

sureley the cd changer source will sound good thru a cassette HU anyway??

Yeah if you have an alpine change then an alpine head unit will allow u to use it.

I donthtink it would from previous advice handed to me a £ 300 tape HU would have nowhere near the capabilities of a £300 CD HU.

I wanted a tape and changer combination like yourself but ended up getting a single CD ive never looked back or regretted it!

350z & 16v Maxi

You CAN run an amp from a standard HU just need to use high level inputs. However you dont get anywhere near as good quality but just running a sub and amp it would be ok.

you can run an amp of the standard head unit....but i wouldnt.

spend some money on a decent head unit...then upgrade speakers..if you still aint happy...amp them...then sub...then upgrade the upgraded speakers!

thats pretty much how ive done it and i know love my stereo...its like amazing:)

p.s: its my bday and im quite drunk!!!!