ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 Rear height?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im currently running V-maxx coilovers on the cup but really fancy upgrading soon and the billies are my top choice ATM

Im just wondering will they drop the rear low enough like the same as how my car currently sits? The back seats are out aswell

And would i benefit a lot in handling performance? Some pictures would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
uploadfromtaptalk1431367234015.jpg

This is how im sitting on V-maxx

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
@Phase1sr i hear nothing but good things about the billies. How are they compared to your old coilovers? Im sure you ran spax before you got the billies

I can imagine they are leagues above the ones i currently have

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It will sit low enough, even stripped. As you know, mine is stripped;

fa3207680d471f094354fc40d21d8b2f.jpg

27e3e04039ac71f6bb18533ac05605b6.jpg

In fact, mine sits low enough it currently scrubs on 205s, 16mm spacers and the RC kit. Not good.

They are brilliant road / track coilies which will be much better than springs performance wise.

I'm selling mine in a month or so, but only because I'm going to AST's as the car does very little road miles now.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It will sit low enough, even stripped. As you know, mine is stripped;

fa3207680d471f094354fc40d21d8b2f.jpg

27e3e04039ac71f6bb18533ac05605b6.jpg

In fact, mine sits low enough it currently scrubs on 205s, 16mm spacers and the RC kit. Not good.
Nice one cheers cub thats gave me a lot more confidence now. I can get them from Germany for £400

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm not a ph1 fan as you know, but this picture is by far one of my favourites of any ph1's on the forum. :up:
Thanks Mark, means alot mate. :blush:

Why would you want it lower. Sits nice as it is
I don't, it was ment for Kyle in case he wanted hes lower.

Ive raised mine up about 5mm at the front.

@Phase1sr i hear nothing but good things about the billies. How are they compared to your old coilovers? Im sure you ran spax before you got the billies

I can imagine they are leagues above the ones i currently have
Yes mate, so much better than the Spax in every way.

I took my father-in-law out in the car for a quick blast on Saturday, he enjoyed it and hes 62.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Haha quality scott
Well cheers for the replys chaps its hugely appreciated. At least i no that the ride height at the rear wont be affected

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They will be. I've experienced both and the b14's out perform the vmaxx in every way. In the vmaxx's defence, for the money they aren't that bad but the bilstiens will be loads better.

Are you set on those or do you have others in mind? What's the budget?

Cars looking sweet in the above pics! So clean :cool:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
They will be. I've experienced both and the b14's out perform the vmaxx in every way. In the vmaxx's defence, for the money they aren't that bad but the bilstiens will be loads better.

Are you set on those or do you have others in mind? What's the budget?

Cars looking sweet in the above pics! So clean :cool:
Cheers pal appreciate it
Yeah ive got my heart set on the billies for sure :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed. You will be forever messing around for the 'optimum race/road setup'. Ive never once thought it needs to differ on mine.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yep. I love the billies, but the car only really goes on track now, so Billies are too soft for dedicated track work :)
Fair enough pal. Yeah i hear the billies are a tad soft for hardcore track use but still work well. Hows the charger now pal