ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 Rear Koni Sport + Prolines Front

172 Cup
I am considering getting my front B14's refurbished and need the car for the time that this is undertaken.

If it takes longer than expected, then this was my backup plan.

I find the bilsteins a touch harsh for everyday driving and would like some damping adjustment if i am travelling to/from work. Then wind the stiffness up for weekend runs/fun.

Has anyone fitted front adjustable koni's and proline/sportline springs to a 172 cup and kept the bilsteins at the rear? A kind of poor mans unpinned trophy (with adjustment up front)

If i go ahead with the refurb, i am really curious as to whether this makes a much better daily drive?

I have had some excellent advice from other forum users over the weekend about a complete change in setup.

If i don't like the above, i can always refit the bilsteins and sell the parts.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has a mixed suspension setup front/rear. Very much like the sachs/koni MF combination on the trophy.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I understand the koni fronts are oil filled and the bilstein rears are gas, my suspicion is that an oil filled shock will absorb potholes far better than gas filled?