ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 Suspension (coileys)

Renaultsport 220T
IMO Leda don't even make it onto my top 5 list

PMSL! Perfect example of why you shouldn't listen to Fred's opinion. He know's feck all!

He has stated that he wouldn't recommend non TUV approved coilovers.

The Bilstein B14 are not TUV approved. Also they are only height adjustable, damping is fixed, so they are not as good as the Leda's which are. The B16's are, but they don't make a set for the clio.

If you are spending £700, I would use the tried and tested H&R's, which use Bilstein dampers anyway.

Also they are only height adjustable, damping is fixed, so they are not as good as the Leda's which are.

Without starting a huuuuuuuuuuge arguement coilovers having damping adjustment does not make them superior to those without. I draw the forums attention to the case of Gaz Vs H&R.. I rest my case your honour, lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I think you will find all Bilstein kits are TUV approved. Also TUV approval is given with respect to use. E.g Correct ride height running.
Bilstein
B14 PSS Coilover Kits
Product code: HE5-8775
Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers Approved Lowering of : front 30mm & rear 30mm

Bilstein B14 PSS Coilover Suspension Kits offer the latest motorsport development for fast road use. The Bilstein B14 PSS system features threaded body ride height adjustment and uses monotube inverted technology to provide a balanced performance and handling in every situation. The ride height adjustment varies between 30mm and 60mm and can be easily adjusted on the car. The Bilstein B14 PSS suspension kit is TUV approved.
Car Compatibility:
Renault Clio II (B/C/B0/1_) 2.0 16V Sport - From 2/2000 >
Please Note: Lowers Front 30mm (Recommended)
Lowers Rear 30mm (Recommended)
Front Axle: upto: 860 kg

Price:
£731.14 (inc VAT)
Delivery is £10.00

Hope this clears things up.

Renaultsport 220T
Also they are only height adjustable, damping is fixed, so they are not as good as the Leda's which are.

Without starting a huuuuuuuuuuge arguement coilovers having damping adjustment does not make them superior to those without. I draw the forums attention to the case of Gaz Vs H&R.. I rest my case your honour, lol

LOL, we wouldn't want to do that now would we. ;)

Also, Ted's thanks for that, the first website I checked them on said they weren't, but subsequent one's say they are.

Bloody web.

R20 CWH, buy them and try them!

:D

Lionel Richie
Oi Irish boy! back in your hole! Bilstein ARE TUV approved, and as Loony says just because LOOSER's are damping adjustable doesn't make them better

i tell you what Stevie boyo, your "Fancy 182" vs my 1.2 boshed job round ay track you like............

i'll own your ass, and i'll be on s**t box FK's too

;)

S2000
IMO Leda don't even make it onto my top 5 list

PMSL! Perfect example of why you shouldn't listen to Fred's opinion. He know's feck all!

He has stated that he wouldn't recommend non TUV approved coilovers.

The Bilstein B14 are not TUV approved. Also they are only height adjustable, damping is fixed, so they are not as good as the Leda's which are. The B16's are, but they don't make a set for the clio.

If you are spending £700, I would use the tried and tested H&R's, which use Bilstein dampers anyway.

Which Bilstein dampers do the H&R use? Are they adjustable damping?