ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bimmer's New Shoes.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I decided to buy some 18 inch CSL "Style" wheels as my standard wheels had seen better days, there was very little curbing but the inner face had corroded badly. They are staggered and I think they look good but I'm sure afew will prefer the standard MV2 wheels.

7-17.jpg

6-19.jpg

5-25.jpg

4-28.jpg

1-33.jpg

2-33.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers for the comments. I looked at a fair few pics of e46's and felt the 18's looked better unless the car was on coilovers, I suppose it's all just down to opinion though.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Did you not see the T&Cs on the receipt i gave you? The car will self destruct if you put reps on it ... ;)

Ill go against the grain here, the OEM wheels looks miles better.

Hah, as I'm sure you're aware Genuine CSLs wont fit :( Unless you run 4 fronts in which you get no concave :\

The VMR ones, are they okay ;)?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Epic mate! did you get them brand new?? if so were from?

Yeh they are brand new and are from;
http://www.autoalloys.com/

I have been very impressed with the quality and I did get them a bit cheaper speaking to the bloke direct.

Did you not see the T&Cs on the receipt i gave you? The car will self destruct if you put reps on it ... ;)

Ill go against the grain here, the OEM wheels looks miles better.

I knew you would prefer the MV2's, but not by "miles". I do know where you are coming from though, I only just prefer the CSL wheels over standard.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The 18's don't look right at all...But then again nor do the 19's!

Can't put my finger as to why? Stance? Arches? Sill depth?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

I think the offset of the fronts could have done with being 5mm less, so they sit further into the arches. Apart from that I am happy with how it looks and I'm not going to do anything else to her. In the last month she's been in the bodyshop twice for little bits doing, new wheels and an Inspection 1 at BMW but it does look like it will be up for sale soon.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye, could be.

Can't go wrong with CSL's, imo, no wheel looks better on the M3/Z4 than the CSL. (HRE perhaps, but at 4k+....)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

That's because those 19s aren't on a sport.

This is a better comparison taken from e46 fanatics:
Sure, here I'll give you a quick comparison

Here are 18" CSL's on my car when I was on stock sport suspension:
DSC00605.jpg

Here are 19" CSL's which are currently on my car with coilovers on almost lowest setting:
DSC04617.jpg

I hear ya fuu, that's why I avoid hwy10 like the plague, that road and my setup are a nightmare

sorry for hijacking the thread