ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird poo ruined my bonnet - PLEASE HELP!

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

this morning when leavin for work noticed bird poo on my bonnet (not normal looking stuff was massive and all over front of car) just went to clean it off and it's messed up my paint tried polishing etc bt no luck is there nething I can do??

Thanks,

andy

3000 grit sand paper or 2500 and ideally a machine polisher.. Or a bit of hand work polishing it back up..

Tcut or a decent cut polish may work without sanding so try that first.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Sorry to hear this Andy.. "Etching" is a real pain to get out. Be careful you don't go through the lacquer when polishing it out. Is it much of a mark..? I had to get some professionally removed on one of my cars!

Edit... Just noticed you've mentioned its taken the lacquer off!! Jeeez.. hope not!

I doubt its taken the lacquer off its just damaged the top layer of lacquer because its acidic as f**k.. If your lucky and it hasn't been on there that long some polish might remove the top layer of the stain and get it out.

Hand polishing i doubt you'd go through the lacquer without being at it for a few hours.

Sanding and machine polishing you do need to watch out for burning through the paint.

Black Ph2 172
Thanks for respnses guys - mayb that I have just gone through the top layer laquer as you said... Think I'm goin to have to get professionally done - does nebody know of any good valeters round here?? How much would I be looking to pay???

May have just lifted the top layer of wax off. happened to my 182 once...bit of t-cut, autoglym polish and top coat of wax. worked for me, so might be worth a try

Mini Cooper S sport
I walked out of work tonight to find my car literally COVERED in green birdshit and bits of caterpillar. I think the bird had eaten too much and had the chronic s***s. I have honestly never seen so much s**t all over my car. If I'd got my hands on the thing that did it I'd have rung the feathered fucker's neck.

Anyway, hope you get the mark out, machine polishing should sort it.

use meguiars scratch-x then something like auto glym super resin polish then a wax,you might have to give it a few goes with scratch-x before you see it working.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Give MagpieV6 a PM for sorting it out.

Looking through her threads she is very good with detailing and does it for cash as a hobby/side earner. I was going to get a full job done on my car and rates were very good. And she's only in High Wycombe.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You have my sympathy m8. Mine gets bird shat on it pretty often. :(

God knows what the last bird ate. It crapped on one of the rear side windows and after two washes, the outline is still on the glass. I hope the little fecker had ring-sting for firing that out....

D.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^^ bit of a hike from Hampshire though..

A little bit but he's on the other side of Hants to you. I don't know of anyone who details around Hants either.

Also, when I spoke to her, her usual rate was £100 for a full detail inc. clay, polish & wax, so hopefully it wouldn't be too much to sort out his.

Golf GTD Mk7
It will polish out mate. Doesn't always happen, but for some reason every now and then it's acidic as hell. Too many berries probably. Future reference, as soon as you see some, when kitchen roll, leave it on the mess for a few min then wipe off. Use a microfibre if you're picky :) hot water works best

Mini Cooper S
Just a quick bump. My boss got majorly attacked by birds, on his tailgate. I'm gonna attempt to get rid of the etching for him. The s**t has been on there for approx a week, he's only just had it cleaned. Shall I tar remove, then clay, then machine polish? Had a quick go with white spirit but nothing came off.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I washed the car last week and withihng half an hour the bonnet had poop on it.

It would have had to perch itself in a funny position to even get to the bonnet but it fooking did!

Don't use t-cut! I urge you!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It does polish out, shouldn't need wet sanding. A compounding pad with Menz IP or equiv. should take it out, low RPM and a few passes.

Agreed tho, fcukin hate seagulls!

Mini Cooper S
Yeah my boss has already been at it with T-Cut before I knew anything about it. He's turned his metallic black paint a nice milky colour.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It does polish out, shouldn't need wet sanding. A compounding pad with Menz IP or equiv. should take it out, low RPM and a few passes.

Deen is THEE seagull capital of the world likes!

Mini Cooper S
Jamie -how would you attack it? Tar removed - clay bar - machine polish with Menz. That about right?

Jamie -how would you attack it? Tar removed - clay bar - machine polish with Menz. That about right?

To remove it I'd detail the car, plain and simple chap. Take it you're giving it a good going over, in which case de-tar the whole car, clay the whole car (if it needs it, which it sounds as if it does) then Menz ona 3M pad.

So what Highlander said, basically.

Should I use the t-cut as a lube?

:(

Loving this by text as well, just in case I get banned again or something??

Mini Cooper S
I'm only doing the patch. I'll be doing it outside my office on the street, my boss aint got a clue about paint. It's a metallic black Megaine cabrio. I've got 2/3 Menz polishes and Sonus spot pads. I'm sure I can work out which ones to use.

Fiesta ST3
hate the stuff

last time i went to mu cuz house, left there at 10pm and noticed bird had just done its thing on my roof of my 172

came home and washed the car at 11pm cos i knew if i was to leave it it would etch

thank god we dont have any trees near our house.

I now purposely do not park near trees as i want to avoid bird poo and tree sap

That's almost as sad as these people that park miles away from the store because they're scared of denting their doors!

(I do it too pal ;))

R14 CUP

This is what ive done in the pass, works a treat :)

White clique
i've got a box of Autoglym bird dropping wipes in the car. I park under a willow tree so get shat on fairly regularly!

I'm not so sure you can ever get rid of etching 100%... can you?

1.5dci
i've got a box of Autoglym bird dropping wipes in the car.

+1 there amazing, thought i'd still have trouble getting the really stuck on stuff off even with them, but it just seems to dissolve and wipe v.easily.

Do need to wash it afterwards though, streaks white around the area a bit

Not used these as in my mind it's a bit like a "quick wash", usually the source of micro marring. Would always power wash them off first and then wash the car - but I guess I am lucky enough to be able to do that when ever.