ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird poo

Having just cleaned off todays splatterings, its left my paint marked. Its not discoloured it, but in the light you can see its marked the laquer... kind of etched into it slightly.

I've been out there scrubbing as hard as I can with ScratchX and SRP which hasn't really made much difference.

Any other products I can use... bearing in mind I only have my hands, no machine?

Thanks
Dan.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Unigrit 3000 wet sanding:eek:

Just done some bits on the black works van. Looked a mess when all the clearcoat is dulled with the sanding process.

Easily polished the marks out by hand with Menz Intesive Polish P085RD 3.02

Any one near you with a pc fUbAr?

106 GTi
Renault paint is worse than any other I have seen for it.

How many scratch X applications you given it ?

Menzerna Intensive polish even by hand should sort it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How did you get that tree sap/man muck off that you posted before fubar?

Just give that another go. Bird s**t is a c**t to get off.

must have gone over it 4 times with scratchX, each time working it in until the product had gone.

the Mezerna is better than the SRP?

got the glue off last time by wet sanding Dan, kind of a last resort though...

You should of called round I had the PC and the Menz out tonight correcting the bonnet on the Zetec S.

106 GTi
A wet flat would have sorted it by now ! You can do it.

SRP has very little abrasive cut.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
atleast it didnt strip the paint off like it did on my 1st brand spankin new clio! :dapprove:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
happened to me the other day! was left on only while i was at work and in the wrong light you can see it! :(

Hey guys exactly the same for me yesterday. Something took a monstrosity of a dump on my RB and try and a might with scratch x it will not shift.

Any definitive take on whats the best product (preferably treid and tested) to shift those strains by hand?

Some people have suggested carlack and some menzerna?

Help!

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
sadly 2 days after getting mine a bird had a volitile s**t on the roof, i removed it asap but it had scratched the paint :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
need's machined...Hand polishin is got mugs! 2-3 hits with a 3in pad will sort it.

106 GTi
It will help to some extent and give you a little bit extra time before needing to get it off.