ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

birds car died on me

shes got a j reg rt, been driving it for ages no serious problems. came round to pick me up on the way out friday nigth everything seemed fine, then half way back to hers i noticed some of the lights out behind the rev counter, then the needle on the rev counter went mad and suddenly flew up to 6000 revs and kept twitching all over the place, this all happened when she was sittign at some lights in neutral. got back to hers went to start it and the battery was completly flat. ive charged the battery and everythign seems ok at the mo. im just guessing that a lead came loose or something shorted and drained the battery somehow. anyone got any ideas.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Could be your alternator has givin up.. which means that it will happen again soon as there is no recharging of the battery..

best way to check is switch the car off, using a multimeter measure the voltage should be about 12 volts.. now start the car and measure again.. should now be about 13.5 volts..

hope this helps..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

calling your girlfriend ya bird aint that bad.. okay how bout .. my bi.. eh. I mean my babes..