ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit disapointed with 98ron map

phase 1 clio 172
loaded the cal file as thats all i got from henk with th new rstuner box. no rst file!?!?

just feel a bit disappointed with the map i couldn't really feel any difference! maybe i was expecting to much,, anyone else in the same boat? im a bit concerned about the missing rst file!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I noticed a good difference on every clio ive put the map on. Cold starts are far better, accelerated better too,

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got one of the original units I bought years ago when all the software was free
and I tried loading just the cal file on Henks recommendation,
it did absolutely f*ck all, so loaded the appropriate RST then the cal file,
went out for a drive with a mate and even he could tell the car had more power from the passenger seat.

Cal files alone do nothing in my experience,
but that's based on an outdated unit, so it could all be different now.

What rpm was your car idling at on cold start & up to temp before the remap?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That worries me. I'm trying to overwrite a k-tec map for cams, to the 98ron as it's standard cam wise now. Mine seems to work, idle is smoother at. 1k. Haven't driven mine in anger yet as awaiting my MOT tomorrow.

phase 1 clio 172
yea im startin to regret posting this now as im starting to notice a few thing, its rapid in 1st and 2nd from a stand still, it also idles very smoothly at 1k rpm

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Mine idles at 1100rpm when cold, then drops to 950 when up to temp,
also your 5k kick should be gone, other than the noise there should'nt be a sudden burst of acceleration.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's weird, having the raised engine idle but still having the, nothing.....nothing.....nothing......5k finally some power,
it definitely shouldn't be like that.

phase 1 clio 172
also the engine idle is smoother, and also when you shift down the gears to a standstill its alot smoother

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an idea, it's something I did a couple of years ago,
i'd go so used to way my car drove that i'd started taking it for granted
so one quiet Sunday I decided to put the laptop and the RST in the car and go to an business park
half way down a 60mph duel carriageway near my house.

I parked up and put the OEM maps back on, took it for a 0-60 blast down the DC,
I could instantly tell the car felt broken and slow, so parked up and reloaded my RST & cal files,
the difference was night and day.

If you've got a decent quiet 60 road near you give it a go, then you'll know for sure,
assuming you made copies of your standard map?

phase 1 clio 172
good plan Batman i have indeed, im gonna try this next week end and il post up some results with pics of graphs and power curves, torque nm, bhp etc