ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Steve World Cup Williams 🌍

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing I like more than a challenge… :unsure:

As I mentioned before, the strut tops in the engine bay are drilled for a strut brace that was previously fitted to the car:
bdd89f63-02aa-4f14-81c2-4f1227bcff53-jpeg.jpg

I would usually look to get the strut tops welded and the holes filled in, but I like the originality of this car, so wanted to see if could source another identical strut brace.

I mentioned before that I found one for sale on eBay in the UK and bought it, but Yodel lost it! :mad::( (BTW NEVER send anything with Yodel, they’re 💩 heads! 🤬🤬🤬)
0ff6a6fb-65a0-4ade-bf47-66de2fed5003-jpeg.jpg

So I set my heart on finding another one, and after a LOT of googling, managed to find a New Old Stock one for sale in Italy, but they wouldn’t send it to me in the UK because of Brexit, so I asked them to send it to my companies office in Munich, and this morning managed to get it back home following a business trip!
a3ea11f8-b6a3-4d30-be4b-8d76e32ba907-jpeg.jpg

• Train to Frankfurt airport
  • Thru airport security (Wasn’t confiscated from me! 🙂)
  • Managed to get it on board with me (Wasn’t asked to check it in! 🙂)
  • Sauntered thru UK Customs 🛃 (No tax to pay! 😉)
  • Properly unpacked it at home, and clear to see it’s been on a shelf gathering dust for MANY years!!
Another box ticked for this car!! :love:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Originally the car didn't have one. So having one does not improve it's originality.

Weld em up!

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Originally…

Originality wasn’t perhaps the best word I could have chose, it’s the history of this car I like.

I quite like the fact that this little Williams’ journey through multiple owners has resulted in modifications and makes it part of what it is. For sure I could go for a bone stock OE restoration like I have done on my 5GTT Raider and 11 Turbo, but everyman and their dog seem to be doing that now to their Clio Williams, and putting a lot of effort into out-doing each other. This time I’m going to buck the trend! 🤪

Larger rear spoiler and strut brace will be staying; 😉 but I’m not going to paint the rocker cover blue, that’ll get one of my 🥧🔑 Aluma Blast refurbishments….. more to follow….

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Do what you want with it, OE+ is better in my opinion but each to their own. I got the oe bug bad with my gtt and got a bit board of it in the end. A few little choice and tasteful mods make it your own and separate it from the norm. Easy for another owner to put it back to standard if it ever did get sold.

What silver you using on the rocker cover if you ditch the Hill power blue? I read you can get F16 I.e sticker to go on the ignition lead cover but will that stay on with the heat?

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Do what you want with it, OE+ is better in my opinion but each to their own. I got the oe bug bad with my gtt and got a bit board of it in the end. A few little choice and tasteful mods make it your own and separate it from the norm. Easy for another owner to put it back to standard if it ever did get sold.

What silver you using on the rocker cover if you ditch the Hill power blue? I read you can get F16 I.e sticker to go on the ignition lead cover but will that stay on with the heat?
I’ve had some real great success with this product:

Check out my Clio 182 Thread:

I’ve seen a place in France that sell reproductions of the the ignition lead cover, can see myself getting one of these when I need one:

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Nipped up town for a spot of lunch today and took the Clio Williams, couldn’t resist a photo when we parked up:
ef9b50a5-9e62-4958-9660-e304e1f6f250-jpeg.jpg

After lunch, I cajoled my wife Sarah into giving the car a drive for the first time. You know how it goes guys with your wives/partners 🙄:
  • “The clutch is too heavy”
  • “The brake pedal’s too long”
  • “The accelerator’s too sharp”
But within a couple of miles, she’d got used to the car and the compliments started to come in:
  • “There’s no rattles..!”
  • “It feels really solid and stable”
  • “It’s quick!”
fcf1dc24-9387-4f86-b741-803fdb4b61db-jpeg.jpg

Took her out to a few country roads we like to drive, and she really got into it:
b102ce99-151f-4531-b31b-7b7932735ef9-jpeg.jpg

And I even managed to get a little video of her driving it round a couple of favourite corners, and the car gave a little POP as she accelerated away!
cdf4ee49-8efd-47af-90fa-e96d6f9cdf18-jpeg.jpg

Chuffed that all the secondary Oil gauges are working well:
524acc8b-5270-4dc6-abb0-6ef68c1950ef-jpeg.jpg

Makes your life easier when your partner likes your car doesn’t it..!? 😉😆