ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of advice....

Ibiza FR
I've been swaying between a Mac Mini and an iMac. I was interested in the Mac Mini for the value and portability etc. as well as the iMac coming in 2 screen sizes I think may be too big or too small.

But now I think I have decided to go with a 21.5 iMac (1TB HDD), purely for the screen quality, and better spec availability for price.

1 of the options I'm looking to upgrade are the processor or the RAM. Same price, 3.06GHz - 3.33GHz, or 4GB - 8GB. Which do you think would be the most noticeable upgrade? I will be using it for General use such as email, iTunes etc, but also CS5 programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.

Also, do you think 21.5" screen will be big enough or should I go all out on 27"?

Mitch

DMS

A thirsty 172
Personally, if I were you, I'd go all out and get the 27" iMac.

If you are going to get the 21.5" version, definitely go for more memory rather than the faster processor. You'll notice more of a difference when multitasking.

Ibiza FR
There's about a £150 price difference for same spec, probably got for 3.06 Dual Core, 8GB Ram, 1TB hard drive, unless anyone thinks its worth going i5 with 4GB ram for another hundred quid?

Obviously its a big purchase so wan't to get it right, but don't want to go overboard for what I need.

Also considering getting my student discount through college before I finish and getting it on finance to pay off when I start a full time job?

DB.

BMW 440i
Go 27". You will regret it otherwise!

I wouldn't go upgrading much, the standard set up will be awesome and better than any other PC.

DB.

BMW 440i
Also considering getting my student discount through college before I finish and getting it on finance to pay off when I start a full time job?

The finance will cancel out the student discount. If your a student, can you not get an interest free overdraft, and buy it this way, with the discount.

Ibiza FR
I did notice that yesterday when me and my mate were pricing them up actually!

I'm in the last month of college, so not much time left. I think I will just leave the discount for now, but if I get one of the jobs I'm going to the interviews for soon, I may do that, but don't want to be left in debt without a decent paying job!

The main thing I'm after before leaving college is adobe CS5, about £1100 normal, £350 for students?!