ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of advice

Clio MK3
Dont no if this is in right section.

i took my car to the renault garage this morning as has been juttering/kangarooing quite bad recently, got a phone call from them saying there is no faults registering with the computer.

he then went on to say that the HT lead looks slightly worn??

was told that it could be replaced along with the coil and sparks for £200

Anybody know anything about any of this lol, im a total novice with cars and i dont no if i should just do it or not?

thanks folks:D

53 Clio's & counting
They are, but if you are a complete novice it would be worth having some help - wher eare you based mate?

Pretty simple to replace them all mate

HT Leads pull off and push on to both spark plugs and coil pack just get a new coil pack hold it next to the old one put the new HT leads on the new coil pack (different lengths measure them with the old ones) and put them on the right place on the coil pack comparing with the old one. The plug the other end of the HT leads onto the sparks MAKING SURE you have them in the same order and position as the old one. Then unbolt the old one (4 bolts) and remove put the new one in place making sure no wires are leaning on moving parts. Then bolt it back down.

Spark plugs do them one by one take the HT lead off theres a special socket you can get with a rubber o' ring in to grip the spark plug when you undo it. Put the new one in place of the old spark plug and slowly tighten by hand so you can feel for the thread so you dont cross thread them. Then nip only nip DO NOT over tighten or youll strip the thread and viola your done :)

Nick

53 Clio's & counting
good tips mate but we don't know what model Clio he has - he could have engine covers to remove too.

Also, if you have never changed plugs before, then find out the torque settings for the spark plugs - too tight and you risk stripping the threads, not tight enough and you run the risk of blowing the plug out the head

good tips mate but we don't know what model Clio he has - he could have engine covers to remove too.

Also, if you have never changed plugs before, then find out the torque settings for the spark plugs - too tight and you risk stripping the threads, not tight enough and you run the risk of blowing the plug out the head

Rough guide should give him an idea but yeh the model would help lol as stated

2007 clio dynamique
what engine is in your clio mate ? as please someone correct me if im wrong but unless its the bog standard 1.2 wont most of the common engines in the mk3 clio use pencil coils i,e the 1.2 tce , 1.4 etc