ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit Of JDM Love Today!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
me and a few of the lads got some time off so decided it was time to get the summer cars out (and finish some of them!!) since it was a nice dry day so me and my mate in his EK9 Civic Type R headed over to help my mate with his RX7

31012009388.jpg

31012009392.jpg

31012009393.jpg

31012009389.jpg

31012009394.jpg

Lots of getting dirty!....
31012009371.jpg

31012009372.jpg

We fitted a nitrous intercooler spray....
31012009376.jpg

31012009378.jpg

One of my mates who can weld decided to make an exhaust for the RX7, few hours later we had this.....
31012009374.jpg

31012009375.jpg

31012009402.jpg

then we started it up to see how it sounded and oh my god!!!...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TtluUGTVXM4

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
bye bye rotor tips, god i hate people who abuse rx7's dude needs to be slapped and that wing is f**king NASTY!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
pmsl yeah we were a bit excited at our new exhaust haha!!!! plus it took us about half an hour to get the b*****d thing started as its been lying for 6 months lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what wing is it then, i have a rx7 and i dont reconise it?!

and abusing it by bouncing it off the limiter! thats why they beeeeeeeeeep before the limiter to tell u not too!! constantly doing that isnt good!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its no where near the limiter its beeping because the coolant temperature sensor has failed.

erm i cant quite remeber the manufacturer but i beleive its some sort of factory optional kit of some sort, AB Flung or AB Flug or something?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that isnt factory option!

and the BANG BANG BANG sounds like the limiter to me!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well even still the map on it is fucked if thats just 4k, his engine wont last long, i would of saved buying a intercooler spray and got it mapped propperly! rotarys need good maps, to rich or to lean will kill them, thats far to rich and the sparks flying out of the exhaust look bad to me but hey what do i know i mean i only own a rx7 lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sparks coming from the exhaust are loose bits of the weld from the inside burning off was fine after 5 mins running.

yes they do need properly mapped infact i beleive there is only one company in the uk that is worth getting them mapped by? thats why its just had a 1k ecu install and map done down south? its got a safe map on it to run in the new engine and turbos

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what ecu did he go for??? most of the big tuners in the world recomend the power fc for the rx7... and if he paid 1k for it he was robbed.... there are a few good tuners in the uk for rx7's and even on a safe map he shouldnt be revving it like that!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
reving a car to 4k revs is not going to do it any harm. not sure what ecu its running i just know he paid 1k to have the new ecu fitted, safe maped and then a remap when he gets the time

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
right well clearly you know best but i would hop if that rebuilt engine has any warrentee on it the builders dont see that vid.