ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of Trophy Lovin'

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Despite the rain and generally glum weather on Saturday, myself, newly acquired Trophy owner Sam (sameshoz - New CS Member) and with help from another friend and forum member 'derbiandy' had some cleaning to do!

Having spent the last 2/3 months convincing Sam that a RenaultSport Clio would make the perfect first car instead of a Civic Type R, we went to view one found for sale on here..

Having viewed the car, deciding he loved it and leaving a deposit, we arranged to collect it.

We collected the car Thursday last week from South London and it was in desperate need of a clean, but was overall in very good condition otherwise.

Both cars were cleaned and clay barred (why no-one introduced me to clay before is beyond me! After finishing on the Megane the clay had gone from yellow to brown!)

We managed to polish the Clio, but the weather didn't hold out in time to finish the Megane :(

Say hello to Clio Trophy #276:

dsc02620n.jpg

dsc02619ey.jpg

dsc02618gv.jpg

dsc02616v.jpg

dsc02615g.jpg

dsc02614ze.jpg

dsc02613j.jpg

dsc02611t.jpg

dsc02610w.jpg

dsc02609e.jpg

dsc02608o.jpg

dsc02607m.jpg

dsc02606z.jpg

dsc02605b.jpg

Sam and Andy hard at work.

dsc02604rw.jpg

dsc02603b.jpg

dsc026032.jpg

dsc02602i.jpg

dsc02595il.jpg

dsc02593ju.jpg

dsc02592k.jpg

I must say, I absolutely love the little Clio. Makes me regret selling my PH1 172.

But the Megane will do for now.

I expect to see sameshoz becoming a bit more active on CS very shortly, so go easy on him ;)

Thanks for looking.

LY182/NHB CTR
Wise choice the Trophy makes a much better 1st car then the CTR which isn't as forgiving which was why I too talked a member on here to have a Trophy as his 1st car and he hasn't looked back since :)

Cracking job too :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
love a trophy, loads to choose from for sale as well at the moment........very tempting :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lovely! I miss mine.

Are the exhausts on the low side, or is it just me?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments guys!

Lol!

Nevermind. I love your Megane but you know this.

I didn't until now! Thanks mate :approve:

Looks lovely, but trophy as a first car???

Yep!

Insurance is rather expensive..

Lovely! I miss mine.

Are the exhausts on the low side, or is it just me?

I bet you do Luke, massive shame what happened :(

The exhaust definitely needs a tweak and a new set of mounts, all in good time! :)

Trophy #276
Hello all, as Nick has clearly mentioned - I'm Sam.

Good spot on the exhaust, it definitely will get sorted. I quite like the idea of a Yozza though.

Other than that, just a few bits that need a general tidy up and she should be good.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Both look ace, love your trophy! I thought for a moment you'd bought the trophy as a second car you git.

Pah, I wish mate!! :(

Might do it just for you though.

Got to love the trophy, amazing first car :cool:

Really like your Megane though, as said tyre shine needed :p

Cheers Craig!

I never actually thought of tyre shine! Bit of a rookie mistake now I look at it :eek:

Hello all, as Nick has clearly mentioned - I'm Sam.

Good spot on the exhaust, it definitely will get sorted. I quite like the idea of a Yozza though.

Other than that, just a few bits that need a general tidy up and she should be good.

Get that welcome thread up. With a matter of urgency.

Lovely work guys :)

Thanks! :)

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Looks great, what a top first motor, then again I did have a r5 GT Turbo as my first car at 19 and somehow only paid 372 quid fully comp through Renault insurance, never paid that little since then.