ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biting Point

Ok have a slight problem with clutch not long passed my test learned in a corsa and the biting point was i would say just over half way. Got my new car clio dynamique 1.2 16v and the biting point is almost at the top it feels a bit to high and cut out twice tonite then when i excelerated in 1st gear not to hard i got a burning smell from what im assuming is the clutch any1 tell me if a need a new 1 ?

M2 Competition
Could just be the cable needs adjusting/ replacing mate. Go for a drive, put it into 4th gear at 30mph, and put accelerator to floor. If clutch is on its way out, it should slip (engine will hit rev limiter, but you'll go nowhere)

RB 182 Cup
go back to basics how you were "taught" to drive and you should be able to use it. IIRC corsa clutches are so light like accelerater light. All it is is the bite points a bit higher. not all clutches feel the same

Could just be the cable needs adjusting/ replacing mate. Go for a drive, put it into 4th gear at 30mph, and put accelerator to floor. If clutch is on its way out, it should slip (engine will hit rev limiter, but you'll go nowhere)

i dnt know if this is the same thing but when i am in 4th going onto a carrige way am floor it im not gettin as much power out of it ( 1.2 16v) as i was when i was learnin in a (1.2 8v ) corsa a lot less power in the clio

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i had a couple of lessons in a corsa and the clutch was much more forgiving than the Rover25 i was normally in.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i've found every clio i've drove that the clutch is very high. is this not just a characteristic of the car?

my run around at the mo is 2003 with 17k and clutch is high

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
my clutch on my williams is near the floor new clutch aswell and i love it like that. imo you have just gotta get used to it i drive 3 different cars and they all have very different feel. getting in the clio after though feels like theres a 10 ton weight on the other end

Breaking A 172 Replica
All the clios I have driven have always had high heavy clutches.

You just get used to it I find.

Sam