ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bits in final coat of satin black

220 Trophy
I’ve sprayed my door side-strips satin black. I took my time and sanded them, applied a few coats of primer, let them dry for 24 hours then rubbed down with 2000 paper then a few coats of satin black, again let them dry and then sanded down with 2000 and then a final couple more coats of satin black. They look great but because I did them in the garage rather than a sealed spray-booth I’ve got the odd bit of dust in the final coats. If it was gloss paint I would’ve applied a couple of coats of lacquer and could then sand the final coat down and then polish up with a light polish. But what can I do with the satin paint?? Can I sand the final coat and then polish up?? If I apply some lacquer will that turn the satin to gloss??

220 Trophy
I think the problem is that I'm painting them in the garage and therefore there are the odd bits of dust etc in the air.

Punto/Clio GTT
you'll always get imperfections from rattle cans, especially in a solid black. laquer will turn it glossy. either wetflat them out, if its really bad, and polish them up, or paint them all again in a better prepped area, wet floor, dust sheets up etc, spray overalls, latex gloves. funny as it sounds, even just moving your arm left to right will release loads of little bits into the air that will fall into your paint

220 Trophy
It all came good in the end, rubbed them down with 2000 and applied a couple more coats. The end result is surprisingly spot-on, no bits or imperfections, actually looks body-shop quality. I'm really chuffed with the end result.