ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 Dyanmique Progress Thread

1.2 Dynamique
Hi guys,

This is my car and I'll keep updating this thread with any updates...

The car was bought with the following modifications done...

- Lowered approx 40mm on springs
- 17" KEI Alloys
- Tints
- Smoked Tailights
- Exhaust
- Induction Kit

Wouldn't have bought an exhaust or an induction kit but does sound nice so will keep it on.

Have saved some money with the modifications already done even thought not all to my taste..but can't complain!

Here are some pictures as I bought it...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The 17" Kei's werent too my taste so I managed to pick up a set of 172 Alloys for about £220.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Took the car too a chap who breaks Clio's and the following were changed

- RS Grille
- Colour Coded door strips
- 2.0 16v Silver Bullets

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The bullets were a spare of the moment thing and thinking about it properly they were quickly gone and I sprayed up the old ones which are just 16V ones which I thought look quite good...

9.jpg

Was unsure on the smoked tail lights and after removing the tint with nail polish remover, I was glad I did!...

10.jpg

The arial was too long so I took a hacksaw to the arial making it a stubby one (Still works!!)

11.jpg

Here are some more pictures I took of the car...

16.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

FUTURE PLANS:

- 172 Bumper will be fitted and whilst its in the body shop the front end will be colour coded and touched up to remove a few marks that are on the car.

- Just bought a fat Megane splitter for the car and that will be fitted in due course.

- HID Kit

Let me know what you guys think...

your opinions are most welcome

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique
Cheers, still need to get rid of them yet...will post them up on the for sale section soon.

Powerflow exhaust mate...

Monaco 172
Very nice car mate...wasn't too keen on the KEI's.. the 172's look much better :) nice start :) and i need to get me that exhaust!

1.2 Dynamique
Thanks, snap...don't think they suited the car too well, just got to find them a new owner!!

Yeah exhaust sounds good, saved a bit of money with it already being on the car when I bought it

Also thinking of painting the calipers...not too sure on which colour yet...red??

Monaco 172
17's generally make the car look like a monster truck ahaha.. yours didnt seem too bad, just didnt suit. i really need to start modding mine ASAP just had to fork out for MOT repairs :(

1.2 Dynamique
Yep, it doesn't get all done overnight...just do small bits bit by bit and it makes a big difference..

Monaco 172
Yeah im gona start with Rs grille and bits of colour coding hopefully :) just want it looking smart really nothing over the top

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Where'd you get the alloys from? Really want some for my 1.2 Dynamique!

Your car looks smart bud!

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Loving the car mate!
Ive got the same, black clio 1.2 minus the mods.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, new to all this, How did you paint the bullets? I'd love to do mine!
Also how much did you pay for the grill?

1.2 Dynamique
Bought them off a guy on pistonheads classifieds..

Just keep an eye out on there, the sale section here and eBay..they do come up.

Took them off, primer, base coat and then laquer...

Not too hard, theres a guide on here with pictures which tells you exactly how to do it. Its worth being a member!

Cheers for the comments.

HIDs
Colour coded front and 172 rear bumper
Megane fat splitter

This is what should be done within the next couple of weeks.

What do you guys think to painting the calipers??

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ace, brings back memories. Minus the tinted windows this is exactly how my last Clio was before I got rid. Def needs front Colour coding.

1.2 Dynamique
Yep...its going into the bodyshop tomorrow so the front will be colour coded and theres a few scrapes on the front bumper so that will all be sorted aswell.

Forgot to mention, bought a pair of UK legal pressed plates...they'll be on soon too

Clio 1.2 16v (2003)
Looking Nice mate, ive got a blk 1.2 without the mods yet, but the 172's suit your car soooo much better than the others.

W

wujek240287

hi, where did you get exhaust? its universal or fitted for clio 1.2 16v?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
great work on sorting out the wheels and tinted lights, big improvment! Plans sound good and I reccon red calipers would suit it nice, can always paint pack over them with black if you dont like it lol

1.2 Dynamique
Yeah still not too sure on which colour calipars...thinking Grey/silver or red...is anyone able to do a quick photoshop so I could see what it would look like??

W

wujek240287

did you tined lights by your self? how to do this? i have silver clio and i think that will looks very nicy with dark lights

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Quickly skimmed through the pics (it's 2am and I'm bored in the library with the mrs) and I have to say awesome car, you either saved it from being gash or you came to your senses and made it awesome, either way great car mate :) look forward to seeing it 172 bumpered :)

1.2 Dynamique
did you tined lights by your self? how to do this? i have silver clio and i think that will looks very nicy with dark lights

It was just tint spray that was on them and it came away with nail polish remover. I suppose if you were to buy a can of tint spray from Halfords or something it would work...

1.2 Dynamique
Quickly skimmed through the pics (it's 2am and I'm bored in the library with the mrs) and I have to say awesome car, you either saved it from being gash or you came to your senses and made it awesome, either way great car mate :) look forward to seeing it 172 bumpered :)

Cheers mate, it came like that so I saved it lol. Will see some update pictures end of this week hopefully!

Mk3 clio 1.5
think i prefer the original alloys. but looks far better now those lights arnt smoked. what induction kit you got on it?

1.2 Dynamique
think i prefer the original alloys. but looks far better now those lights arnt smoked. what induction kit you got on it?

Might sound silly but I don't even know the make as it came with the car, will check when its back from the bodyshop though. The alloys are for sale if your interested mate! ;-)

W

wujek240287

i bought tined foil and now i'm trying to put on light but its will be harder then i thought. Accualy its black magic for me, I will check in halfords that spray i think its much better solution for that;] Thanks;) ohh your lights looks awesome!!!! I will have the same even if i will need to spend on it more money then i should!!!

1.2 Dynamique
Yeah tbh, just take the lights out and tint spray should do the job..seen the spray in wilco car master for no more than a tenner.

Mk3 clio 1.5
Might sound silly but I don't even know the make as it came with the car, will check when its back from the bodyshop though. The alloys are for sale if your interested mate! ;-)
haha i would be interested if they wernt 17's far to big n just asking for problems.

1.2 Dynamique
Bit of an update guys,

Bought some 6000k HID's so bumper was off to fit them,

17.jpg

While the bumper was off, decided to fit the Megane splitter and changed the UK Pressed plates..

18.jpg

Would love to run without a front number plate but it would be asking for trouble lol..

Megane splitter...

20.jpg

21.jpg

19.jpg

172 Bumper..

22.jpg

Next on the list is to change the orange indicator bulbs for some Clear visions and maybe paint the calipers??

Let me know what you guys think...

Fabia VRS
where did u get the bumper from... Im on the look for one!

But looks miles better than it first did... Great progress!

1.2 Dynamique
Thanks mate,

Bought it of an member on here from the sale section

Takes time to find one, just keep looking on the for sale's on this forum, ebay and pistonheads!

1.2 Dynamique
Yeah, I didn't fit them myself...got my uncle to fit them.

Proved to be really difficult to fit as there isn't much space within the engine bay. So you need to take the bumper off in order to take the headlight out; once they were out it was quite easy..