ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black alternative to Ph1 172 blue dash?

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Is there an alternative dash that I could fit to my Ph1 172? I'd like a black dash, to replace the blue original one, but is there one available from a different model?

I realise that I could flock it but I want to keep it looking original.

Thanks

Merc A class
You can fit a ph2 dash but personally i would get if flocked ;)

NewDash.jpg

I have replaced the blue with a grey dash top from a 1.2. I have also fitted the gear gaitor and steering column surround.

Its not black but looks loads better than the blue and cost me nothing after I sold the blue parts.

FormulaFord Ecoboost
I have replaced the blue with a grey dash top from a 1.2. I have also fitted the gear gaitor and steering column surround.

Its not black but looks loads better than the blue and cost me nothing after I sold the blue parts.

That might be more what I want, any chance you could post a picture please?

FormulaFord Ecoboost

NewDash.jpg

Thanks, I do kind of like the flocked dash but I'm afraid your car illustrates what I don't like, that is the blue vents, speaker grills and gaitor (all of which could be changed). it's an option but I don't fancy the expense when a grey/black dash from a 'breaker' will be cheaper

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Thanks Daveski. That might be the way forward.

Am I right in saying that the grey is darker that the lower dash?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

NewDash.jpg

bit of a noob question but...

what does that flock feel like? it it rough to touch like acoustic carpet? static? soft etc.?
never been in a car with bits flocked before and im tempted to do bits to my car

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i live in the south west :p

im too tight to do that anyway, id rather invest the money in some patience tbh