ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black diamond front how is it done?

Clio 1.2 (progress)
IMG_0378.gif

Like this black clio in this picture above, Is it as simple as sand down undercoat then gloss black finish it? anyone done it? if so please let me know thanks :cool:

Punto/Clio GTT
aint even gotta primer it, just black it if you like.

scuff it with a grey scotchbrite preferably or sand it with whatever you have finer than P320

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Why don't u need to primer it?... I thought u needed to, so that the paint sticks.

Punto/Clio GTT
Why don't u need to primer it?... I thought u needed to, so that the paint sticks.

eh? lol

primer is to allow paint to stick..?

theres no repair, no damage etc. so just scuff it and paint it.

you can primer it, but theres no need to at all. just creating more work for no reason

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I did mine over my lunch break today, its at home drying now, so driving with no front badge on. Looks good tho! :p

Punto/Clio GTT
looks decent, but haz, everytime i see your car i cant help but laugh at the bra. think they look rediculous dude :\

you painted it at lunchtime, and its already back on your car at 5pm?

thats no where near enough time for the paint to cure properly, especially in the frost tonight.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great with the wheels!! Keep rocking the bra, makes it stand out from the crowd!!

Was gonna say about leaving the paint for a longer than you have but wasnt sure....

Suzuki Ignis Sport
you painted it at lunchtime, and its already back on your car at 5pm?

thats no where near enough time for the paint to cure properly, especially in the frost tonight.

It seemed to have done the job .. so i aint complaining :approve:

Got it on already haz? Can't have done many layers? or laqcuer?

I started mine yesterday and I'm not starting the lacquer untill tomorrow after work.

Quick sand, quick prime.. good few coats untill it looked right. Now ready to laqcuer

Suzuki Ignis Sport
1 layer of primer, 2 layers of paint, then 2 thick layers of lacquer. jobs a good'un :D

Suzuki Ignis Sport
well not technically over my lunch break, I got my brother to help me when i was at work, as he was at home.

RenaultSport 172.
off topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM-696
looks decent, but haz, everytime i see your car i cant help but laugh at the bra. think they look rediculous dude :\
Thanks, but about the bra, not bothered.

THEY dont look ridiculous, it just looks ridiculous on Haz's car as its not euro 1 bit...need to be euro or german to pull it off IMO.

Clio 1.2 (progress)
quick question how do you actually take the bag off does it pop off or does it have crocadial clips behind it?