ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black evo ix - what should i be using to polish???

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
picked up my evo ix on tuesday and am getting ready to give it the once over this weekend but am just wondering what the best products are for a black car?? At present i use megs clay, agp and egp, will these work well with this colour or is there something better???

106 GTi
Black car - brave man ;)

The above products will look great on Black. Depending on paint condition you may need a more abbrassive polish befor the SRP.

It will also be worth getting a nice Carnuba Wax as it will pay off topping the SRP and EGP with one as Black responds nicely to wax - I would recommend Swissvax Onyx.

Mito Sportiva 135
Loads of posts on this. I recommend:

Chemical Guys Body Wash n Wax shampoo (Car Wash n Wax)
Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Halfords)
Jeffs Acrylic Trigger spray sealant (Polished Bliss)
50/50 Wax (Car Wash n Wax) although Collinite 476 (Serious Performance) is a great, very durable product for use this time of the year.
Chemical Guys Wheel Guard (great if followed up with 476).
Tyres I use Turtle Wax Platinum range for blackness and durability, then Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel for wetness. This works great on exterior plastics too (as long as you wipe of excess).

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
thanks for your help, i know black isn't ideal but its goona be my weekend car so will stay very clean!!