ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold and DSLR Goodies (No 56k)

Recaro Black Gold 182
After driving all the way to RWS on Saturday and not being able to get in, i thought i would wash off all the dead insect's and try out the other reason i went...

to buy a Nikon D50 off B3nje and i love it...

Here are some pictures of the car after the cleaning session...

th_DSC_0026.jpg

th_DSC_0024.jpg

th_DSC_0023.jpg

th_DSC_0022.jpg

th_DSC_0021.jpg

th_DSC_0019.jpg

th_DSC_0017.jpg

th_DSC_0015.jpg

th_DSC_0013.jpg

th_DSC_0011.jpg

th_DSC_0010.jpg

th_DSC_0007.jpg

I then started messing about with the exposure and ISO settings and had some fun with that. I was hoping to use the tripod but it wasn't tall enough to sit over the railings looking onto the dual carraigeway so its all free hand...

th_DSC_0035.jpg

th_DSC_0034.jpg

th_DSC_0033.jpg

th_DSC_0032.jpg

th_DSC_0031.jpg

th_DSC_0030.jpg

th_DSC_0029.jpg

Comments/tips welcome.

Cheers
Oli

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Looking good oli, glad you like it!

how big was the railing?? the middle piece extends on the tripod also, the legs all come out then a middle piece in the centre that comes up.

thought it would of reached :eek:

Recaro Black Gold 182
Looking good oli, glad you like it!

how big was the railing?? the middle piece extends on the tripod also, the legs all come out then a middle piece in the centre that comes up.

thought it would of reached :eek:

I had all the poles extended but the camera lense sat flush with the railing, lol, not to worry, it was only my first attempt, things can only get better :)

Nice pics Oli, is that the spine road bridge over the A419?

It was indeed, well spotted, i kept getting people stopping and asking if i was ok, lol, bless these country folk.

love the over exposed shots!

Cheers Ali :D

Recaro Black Gold 182
Haha, i thought they might think that too, i couldnt think of anywhere else good enough to do it?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Haha, i thought they might think that too, i couldnt think of anywhere else good enough to do it?

I've been meaning to try out some long exposure shots on my dslr and had the same thoughts, there's a couple of bridges over the m4 near wootton bassett which i think might be quite good, but the a419 is probably the closest best place.

Abarth 500
Loving the pics Oli - and there was me thinking you were throwing money away on another toy you'll never use ;)

I'm definately feeling Sidewinder's suggestion of the M4 bridge rather than the A419 - the one at Hook is probably the closest??

Feel free to pop over and pick up the tripod whenever you fancy - I never use it!!

:D

Recaro Black Gold 182

I've been meaning to try out some long exposure shots on my dslr and had the same thoughts, there's a couple of bridges over the m4 near wootton bassett which i think might be quite good, but the a419 is probably the closest best place.

Good thinking, i'll investigate at some point this week.

Loving the pics Oli - and there was me thinking you were throwing money away on another toy you'll never use ;)

I'm definately feeling Sidewinder's suggestion of the M4 bridge rather than the A419 - the one at Hook is probably the closest??

Feel free to pop over and pick up the tripod whenever you fancy - I never use it!!

:D

Shame on you for doubting, lol, you'll have to come along and see what we can do.

ace

i loved my D50, great cameras!

I've only just scratched the surface but it awesome, puts the point and shoots to shame, well chuffed :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
:)

get yourself a tripod and then you can really play about with the settings securely, nightime shots come alive!

Recaro Black Gold 182
:)

get yourself a tripod and then you can really play about with the settings securely, nightime shots come alive!

Yeah i got one with it but it wasnt quite tall enough, so they understandably (sp) look a little bit blurry, but i'll borrow one off cbscup and see how things go. Just bought a 70-300mm lense too :D

Recaro Black Gold 182
oli, what 70-300mm lense?

the one from jessops - sigma - is nice :>

Thats the exact one, same as the what you were originally selling it with i think, it was £99.99 online, then i found a 5% off code so got it for £94.99 store pick up too :D Should have some fun with that.

Williams 1
i cant believe they wouldnt let you in mate, you should of said you had just nipped out to supermarket and ur tent was all set up then they would of had to let you in, only thought of it now or would of told u to give it a try.

Them pics look good, Do you need an SLR camera to take pictures of moving images or will any digi cam do it? cos i couldnt get any decent shots with my camera was all coming out very blurred

Recaro Black Gold 182
i cant believe they wouldnt let you in mate, you should of said you had just nipped out to supermarket and ur tent was all set up then they would of had to let you in, only thought of it now or would of told u to give it a try.

Them pics look good, Do you need an SLR camera to take pictures of moving images or will any digi cam do it? cos i couldnt get any decent shots with my camera was all coming out very blurred

I would say you need a DSLR yes, but as said. i'm not expert only had it 48hours, lol :D

£99.99!? did you get the macro one ?

thats a bargain!

Yeah, its the Macro one, this one...

Clicky