ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black trim restorer?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Through being incredibly lazy with the polish and wax, all my external black plastic trim areas are now white... door handles, rear bumper insert, bump strips, mirror surrounds, etc.

What's the best stuff to properly rejuvenate them? I don't want something that'll just show the white through again once it fades, I want something to get it black again... and Back To Black is rubbish.

106 GTi
Einzett Plastic Cleaner, followed by AG Bumper Care.

Alex at SP is selling a Duragloss Wax eraser that may be woth while if they are really white.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Im in a similar situation.I bought some turtlewax black in a flash which is also rubbish-lasts for about a day before the white stuff shows up again.Can u pick up those two in halfords rich?

there is a wax eraser on autopia, probs very similar to the one rich has suggested, ie it blasts the wax off.

then add AG bumper care

btw i am Richs new parrott lol :)

jamie

it probs need something like a dressing on top of the wax blaster, anyone else tried it?

jamie

RB 182
I didn't get rid of the white bits otherwise I would have put something on to dress it like the CG New Look Trim Gel.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Non of these so called trim restorers seem to work , they just mask the white marks for a few days possibly a week or two . I tried one of these wax removal products with minimal success .

Best thing i've found that removes / masks any white wax marks is WD40 , use a bit of cloth and elbow grease for the best results .

RS Clio 200
i have the duragloss wax remover.... works well, but you need to really work it.

CHeck this pic... the fog surround... i missed the bottom bit, but it did a really good job on the rest of it...

217.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
PS. I think that Auto Glym is still 3 for 2 in Halfords...just in case! :)

corsa c exclusiv
i just use autoglym, vinyl and rubber care, works well after a few washes as it begins to build up a protective layer.