ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Turinis! and the rear cage...Opinions :) ?

Ly Megane 230 F1
To start off.. Yes i know the car needs cleaned
Yes i know the cage needs painted ( don't know what colour yet? )
Yes i know the tyres on the drivers side still have a small amount of over spray on them
and Yes i know most of CS will hate what i have done but the cage is not a certain yet as i am still unsure about it, but if i keep it i plan to get a set of buckets(unsure on which ones to buy at the moment) and a set of 4 point yellow TRS harness's.

Few pics of Last night/this mornings work :)..
The wheels are only temporally staying this colour for the next few months till i can afford to get them powder coated.

P1000602.gif
P1000606.gif
P1000609.gif
P1000611.gif
P1000612.gif
P1000613.gif
P1000614.gif
P1000615.gif

P1000617.gif

Astra gsi turbo
wheels look much better. i did see the car this morning with no wheels. cage looks good, might look better in black

Ly Megane 230 F1
I quite like it, is the cage LY?

You didnt say "yes i know my clio looks like its on stilts"
hahahahaha.... yeh i know...i havent moved it since fitting the wheels so its still sitting up a bit from been jacked up and i need coilovers.

Cage isnt in LY sadly..its still the same colour from when i bought it.

thanks for the comments :)

An orange one
I think it looks good mate, the cage will look much better with fixed buckets,

Any suspension plans in the future?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Is it just a show cage or is it a decent half cage? Would look better in LY ;)

Audi A5
i think black turini's on LY clio's look epic, all you got to do is get some tyre gel on the tyre's, lower it, spray the cage LY or black and maybe get some bucket type of seat as the standard seat's look a bit out of place sitting in front of that cage imo.

Rb Clio 182
Very nice missing mine already :(

And I would stick with black or anthracite , but its up 2 you mate

LY for the win ")

Ly Megane 230 F1
To answer most of the above comments/questions.

Car is sitting higher than usual in this pictures since it was jacked up and hadnt be moved but... i do plan on getting a set of coilovers. Either AP coilovers or Vmax.

I do plan on a set of bucket seats..Something along the lines of...If i was to buy new ones.. sparco sprint 5 or cobra monaco s. If i was to buy second hand ones, Recaro seats like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Rec...CarParts_SM&hash=item231c3684ae#ht_500wt_1361

I would be buying a set of 4 point TRS yellow harnesses and the ktec rear boot floor mat.

As for colours of the cage i am still yet soooo undecided. IMO it looks good yellow but i like the idea of it been black ( time will see )

If i get a chance tomorrow or sunday to was and wax the car i will get some new photos up of it nice and clean :p

Ly Megane 230 F1
And to be honest i am unsure if the roll cage is a show or roll cage.

It has 3 parts to it.
1st Bar- going from the two struts (like a strut brace)
2nd Bar- goes from the B pillar floor and bolts into the seat belt points and comes up the pillar and across the roof
3rd Bar- X shaped bar that bolts to the 1st bar and the 2nd bar.

The cage is made from steel..My mate who is a Pipe fitter welder says its not T45 steel but he thinks its made from CDS.
Getting it to fit was a wee bit of a pain as its all a really tight fit getting the bits to line up. Now that its all together it does feel really secure and rigid in the back. Me and my mate both grabbed a point of the cage and tried shacking it to see if there was any movement in the cage and there wasnt.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Loving the gangster lean on the seats lol.

Apart from that it looked better on the standard wheels and the cage looks random in what seems to be a pretty standard car. A nice set of fixed back buckets would soon change that though

Ly Megane 230 F1
Loving the gangster lean on the seats lol.

Apart from that it looked better on the standard wheels and the cage looks random in what seems to be a pretty standard car. A nice set of fixed back buckets would soon change that though

Seats were put all the way back to check if they hit the cage don't worry..I'm to small to have any gangster lean

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you buy your tyres from the charity shop?!

You've spent all this money on the car and are running Wanli Event's! lol!!!

Good job you've got a cage tbh.
P1000602.gif

Ly Megane 230 F1
No weight in the back with no seats and it's not been lowered? I need to sort it out and get it lowered I know lol