ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry Curve 8900

Nimbus Grey 197
Anyone had/have one? Any good - better than the iPhone? Have just ordered one, arrives Tuesday from Orange.

Already have an mp3 player which is better than any ipod and thus figured i wouldnt need an iPhone!

Woza.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
iv been looking at them....

..after watchng a review...NO 3G?!?! WHY!!!

I thought the whole point of these phone was to be able to get easy access to internet/emails etc... :S

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
iDear FTL :( cant afford to be paying out for one at the minute!!! Plus, iv already got the touch...!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Hmm, does it have EDGE?

When you are out and about on an iphone 3g you can go on the net pretty much anywhere, is that possible with the 8900 curve?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hmm, does it have EDGE?

When you are out and about on an iphone 3g you can go on the net pretty much anywhere, is that possible with the 8900 curve?

Yep I have yet to have found any problems, it has Wi-Fi whichthe phone accesses by default but the GPRS access for the net which the phone uses if you are not in a WiFi area is really good, almost as quick as the Wi-Fi access, it does cost an extra £5 a month to access "The Blackberry Network" as Orange call it but after that it is unlimited access, can be on it 24/7 just for £5.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Cool, so .... if i was for example in a park, with no wifi access anywhere near... the phone would use GPRS for the net? :)

Thanks

Sam

1.2 16v Dynamique
Definatly mate, my office isn't Wi-Fi enabled but I am still using my phone to surf the net, Facebook at work, woop woop!! lol...

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
If i dont like it, will just send it back within the grace period and try out the bold with 3G

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I cant believe the deal im getting here with orange, bunch of legends!! they really dont want me to go for the iphone with o2!! I usually pay 35 quid for 500 mins, unlimited texts and no internet.

The manager said he will give me the new curve for FREE (supposed to be 80 quid), reduce my line rental to £25 - Give me 1200 Minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet & email (and raising the fair usage to 750mb), give me a bluetooth headset, bluetooth headphones and an 8gb memory card?!?!?!?!?!

First class from orange.