ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bleb in the tyre wall of my PE2 :S

BMW 535D
just noticed that my drivers side 3000 mile old michelin pilot exalto 2 has a really small bleb in the tyre wall :( barely noticeable like

the thing is i've not really driven it very hard, or parked it on any kerbs with the tyre deformed or anything like that, just driven it normally!

i don't really want to have to replace a nearly new tyre especially at £125 a pop!

has anyone else had this happen to them with their PE2's??

my mate thinks i should get in touch with michelin about it, what do people think??

cheers

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
they will just say you hit a kerb when parking.hard to prove you havent. but worth having a dig at them.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I had same problem about 3 months ago, hit a pothole bad that i couldn't avoid, juddered the car, cd player skipped etc...got to work and nothing, but washed car 3 days later and had an egg shaped lump on the sidewall. Ended up replacing both fronts as were both low anyway.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
tidyclio said:
would the something like this weaken the tyre enough to screw up your cars handling?

if you had something like this mate i would get it changed asap, the thought how well my car handles would be the last thing on my when i got a bubble on my tyre wall. i bet it wont handle well if it goes pop mid corner.