ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding a bone dry brake system

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right so I have a new master cylinder, new brake fluid resiviour and completely new brake lines. So the whole system will be dry. How would you recommend bleeding the system?

Would I try bleeding one brake at a time making sure the resiviour is allways full of brake fluid.

Any thoughts would be good

Thanks

Cro

Meg'd r27
I'd imagine that the standard procedure working from farthest brake forward... probably just take a while longer than usual, maybe even just have to double check.

The handiest is having someone else there to make sure theres always enough fluid, but those ez bleed kits are decent enough I found

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right i'm having difficulties getting pressure in the peddle now i have make all the lines!

Everything is all tight and the lines all have good flares so i dont think its an issue with the lines!

Can anyone think of what i am doing wrong?

Golf GTD Mk7
Strange one. Resevoir still full? Maybe and air lock somewhere, but you'd still get a pressure build up. Presumably the ignition is off ;)

Titanium 182
I take it your now trying to bleed the system you wont have any pressure in the pedal until there's fluid in the master cylinder and no air in any of the pipes you should get a good pedal eventually but this will take time, are you getting any fluid out from any of the bleed nipples? once you get fluid out of one then move on to the next you will have to go round a few times but once fluid is coming out of all the nipples then you'll get a half decent pedal

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ive read in a few places that reno ABS blocks can be a pain to bleed...

dont know wether or not its relevant to you?

172,scenic, trafic
depending on what type of system you have, ie abs or non abs you should be doing the master cylinder f irst if non abs, then at the w heels. if its abs you will need the correct procedure cos what you dont want is a ir trapped in the abs pump. its a b**ch to get out sometimes

TrackCar & F30 330d
I got there in the end. I had to pump the peddle about 500 times but eventually got enough pressure. And I found that after a while the last 1/3 of peddle travel was really hard and we used that little bit to blead it. So after 8 months my car now has brakes :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Were you pumping the peddle with full, slow steady strokes (taking about 2-3 secs each)?

If you go too fast you can draw in air from the resoviour.

182cup & 172 racecar
Should have just opened a bleed nipple,poured some fluid in and wait for it to drip out,then you could have proceeded as normal.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Only took about 25mins in the end. Well happy that it's all done now. Only got a few more things to do and the will be ready to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!