ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding abs pump CLIP

Those that have done this, did you 'fully' bleed the system first then activate the pump and do another bleed after? And is it straight forward in clip or any precuations I should take?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It can take ages and you will go through plenty of brake fluid so buy some cheap s**t brake fluid until you have a rock hard pedal.

I had this when i stupidly let all my brake fluid drain.

Check you dont have any leaks.

What I would do to start with is get down to halfords and buy an Easibleed kit. Easibleed will pressure bleed your system and requires a wheel with 20 psi so make sure you have a way of measuring the PSI and inflating a tyre.

Whilst at halfords buy the cheap 5L brake fluid (i forget what DOT it is) as you will go through a lot of fluid. obviously once you are happy you can use decent fluid.

Pressure bleed all the calipers, bleed them all again - go through about 2L of fluid.

Run your RS TUner or clip to activate the abs module. bleed at the same time with the eezibleeder.

Just keep bleeding, dont reuse any brake fluid you bleed out. You will go through a lot of fluid. It took me 4-5L before my pedal was rock solid.

Just keep at it. Set aside a couple of hours to do it. It will work.

The clip side is pretty easy and obvious to use , pm me if you have any issues .

@Gus Appreciate the write up mate but Im prepared with the ez bleeder and fluid already! I did this procedure bar with clip a while back but since getting rid of abs Ive decided to put it back in so its fully dry!

But what you said about bleeding at the same time while activating clip is great advice, honestly just setting things up and manoeuvring in my garage is the hardest part of the job because theres so little space.

The last part before bleeding is the front abs sensors which I had to stop trying as it was getting late so will get on it tomorrow

Reactions: Gus

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
the procedure in clip is as follows. I did mine with Clip recently with a pressure bleeder also attached for the second stage. for each caliper you need to get out approx 200ml for the fluid to have fully passed from the MC to the bleed nipple.

I did two passes on the bleeding section (second image) and managed to get a significant amount of air out of the system.

Brakes 1.JPG
Brakes 2.JPG

Fluid was pouring out of the black line when I hooked up the bleeder (tyre set to 20psi) I tried to tighten it up more which It did go but it kept getting tighter yet it was already stupidly tight, fluid still poured out. Ive to my enjoyment taken off the rez to get proper access and completely loosened the fitting, the only thing I can think of was it not seating correctly, but Im reluctant to just tighten it back up and try again as this really was a huge kick in the balls and f**k it going wrong again.
Ive tried to hand tighten it as much as I can while wiggling the line so its in the right way but I havnt got that far before it needs a spanner.

I put some red rubber grease on the seals as you can see to try and seal them up a bit, I had no clue if its any point but those seals are useless anyway. Is there any way I can make them seal better?

IMG_5938.JPG

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
The only thing I can think of is to use PTFE tape around the thread on the black line. I dont know if thats a good permanent solution though. I did google PTFE tape and it says:
PTFE tape is both oil and petrol resistant due to its notable chemical inertness, which is why it's commonly used to seal and lubricate joints around fuel lines in automotive applications.
@GrahamS any ideas ?

@Gus Thats a good shout but I think its coming out the middle as well. This one has truly destroyed me, even the muscles in my face are tired

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My struggle where I'm located is

1) Finding someone local with CLIP
2) Said person with CLIP able to bleed the system.

Many garages claim to do it or able to do it but simply pressure bleed the calipers and thats it because they either don't have the program to activate the system or just don't know what they are doing which I then question how are they in business.

How can I get my hands on a copy of CLIP as it seems as is most things, if a job is worth ding, do it yourself...

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@VenomUK I think I got mine from here but it a bit ago now. It was the 110 euro one which is now out of stock. I reckon the ebay ones are similar although people have said they can pack up. Mine sometimes shuts off but can last a long time when plugged in
I'll take a look, thanks for that.
@VenomUK Are you still looking at doing the brake lines? I found some steel with coating for a good price. Im tempted to buy a big batch of it
Yes! Perfect, thanks for that mate. Thats brilliant!

So Ive taken the line off to inspect it. I think the flare wasnt seated properly in the mc, Im a little worried as the flare doesnt seem perfect now but Ive tightened it back up and it seems to have done up correctly this time (it became tight and wouldnt budge) I also backed off the fitting then re tightened it a couple times. If It leaks again then Ill know its the flare, my fault though:( If I have to Ill make my own line with smaller diameter just to be able to drive the car as It has to be on the road by tomorrow!

Still leaks.. Am pushing the fluid out to empty the reservoir to minimise mess taking the line out then will make a new one.

Does anyone have that line they could sell me?

@Mbeau If you see this thread it was my fault mate! Am seriously annoyed at my self but what can you do.

Made the line last night and so far no leaks.. Have been bleeding it without clip to start, opened up the software and started with the rear right (AC156) but Im not sure if it works because clip seemed to crash nor was there any noise from the pump and air just keeps coming out in a steady stream no matter what.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
There is a definite buzzing sound when it's bleeding or doing abs in clip.

Try and keep all the clip cables still when using it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Made the line last night and so far no leaks.. Have been bleeding it without clip to start, opened up the software and started with the rear right (AC156) but Im not sure if it works because clip seemed to crash nor was there any noise from the pump and air just keeps coming out in a steady stream no matter what.
you need to activate the solenoid before then doing the bleeding. It's weird I know!