ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding technique?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Does the Clio need to be level when bleeding the brake system? I only have two axle stands and don't want all the wheels off with the back on the jack. Or, am I safe to just jack up the rear, bleed those and then do the front?

Clio 197
yes you dont need to have all four in the air at the same time, HOWEVER it would make it much easier!!

182 FF, A6 Avant
Nice one cheers. Struggling to find some decent Dot5.1 this afternoon as my local GSF don't have any SuperBlue in!

Clio 197
i settled for Carlube Dot 4 when i did mine, the consensus when i did a bit of research was as it wasnt going to see track use dot 4 was good enough

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
Nice one cheers. Struggling to find some decent Dot5.1 this afternoon as my local GSF don't have any SuperBlue in!

i settled for Carlube Dot 4 when i did mine, the consensus when i did a bit of research was as it wasnt going to see track use dot 4 was good enough

superblue is DOT4 anyhow. For road use, and tbh, most peoples track use, the carlube stuff is fine. I use it in "regular" cars all the time

182 FF, A6 Avant
Ended up going for some Pagid Dot4. I will be using it on track, but my balls aren't big enough to be last of the late brakers!

I'm aware of the importance of not letting the res run low. I'm going to use an eeasibleed kit to hopefully stay on top of it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
According to the Renault workshop manual, the Clio Brakes need bled in a x method by doing os rear, ns front, ns rear then os front. That's the way I've always bled them too.