ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding the abs

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Evening guys. Having a load of bother bleeding the abs on the 182 van.

The system was fully emptied of fluid before being swapped over to the van.

I've got an rs tuner with the abs module, I can access it and connect no problem and it appears on the screen that the bleeding is taking place but when I run the pump i.cant hear any noise coming from the abs unit which I was under the impression I should have been able to?

I've ran 2l of fluid thru it and the lines are running fine with no bubbles but my pedal is still mega soft

Rs tuner is flagging an error code "ABS-ESP Computer - unknown status"

Any tips on where to start?!
rstuner.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah the ABS solenoids should pulse but you also need to depress the pedal up and down a few times during the procedure to push the air out of the ABS.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the ABS solenoids should pulse but you also need to depress the pedal up and down a few times during the procedure to push the air out of the ABS.
That could be my issue then I didn't try that just used the pressure bleeder. Will give it a go today cheers
Have you got the engine running there?
I can't remember if it was running at the time, I tried bleeding with and without the engine running.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure the engine needs to be off.

It's worth hooking the battery up to a charger if you're activating the pump a fair bit, just so the battery doesn't die.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
f**k all the fancy stuff off, find some gravel/grass and go wild. Get the ABS pump properly working and then bleed again after.

You get to be a hooligan and fix the car, perfect.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
That could be my issue then I didn't try that just used the pressure bleeder. Will give it a go today cheers

I can't remember if it was running at the time, I tried bleeding with and without the engine running.
Did you sort this ? Im getting an error when trying to activate any of the actuators apart from rear right , comes up with an error before the actuators does anything 🙄

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Did you sort this ? Im getting an error when trying to activate any of the actuators apart from rear right , comes up with an error before the actuators does anything 🙄
Yes I did! Removed the main connector from the abs pump, gave it a good clean with contact cleaner, plugged it in and out a few times, blew it out with compressed air and re fitted, was all good after that!

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yes I did! Removed the main connector from the abs pump, gave it a good clean with contact cleaner, plugged it in and out a few times, blew it out with compressed air and re fitted, was all good after that!
Interesting , will tey that , i did get it to work but had to engage pump motor then select which actuator and it works then 🤔