ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blocking BitTorrent on Router

Golf GTD
My mate is being a c**t with BitTorrent so we need to restrict his access. I have a D Link DI624 router and am wondering what I will need to do on the firewall page to block his access to the use of BitTorrent.

showpic.php

That is a picture of the firewall page on the router, ive assigned him a static DHCP address of 192.168.0.105.

Cheers guys! :)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Forward all ports to a non-existant ip on your network.

Keep 80 HTTP and 443 HTTPS open.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
cant be done unless you are prepared to cut of his connection completly, if its affecting your connection setup QOS for your IP.

cant you just have a word?

put DU meter on his machine so he can see how much he is doing every day/week/month so you can prove your point.

failing that kick him in the t**t and tell him to get he own internet connection.

Golf GTD
cheers guys, we all have tried to tell him but he just claims he isnt downloading anything.

its blatently obvious he is becuase when his mac address is banned the internet is fast and when he is allowed on the internet is crippled.

think i seem to have done it, blocked a range of default bit torrent ports from his ip and havent had any slowdown yet. Im not sure how i would go about port forwarding :S

does he have access to your files/movies etc.??

he could be ripping all your mp3s etc to his hard disk causing alot of network traffic and it to all come to a hault.

Golf GTD
no its definately not him accessing mp3s or movies its bittorrent. ive found out he uses the port 46375 and have blocked that on tcp, udp and icmp.

going to try and find out about port forwarding.