ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blocking Numbers on iPhone

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The research i've done has suggested that this is a carrier specific jobby, but has anyone actually gone and blocked a number through their carrier?

I keep getting a number ringing me, PPI insurance or something...

I asked them nicely to get them to stop ringing me but the calls continued to the point where they just get abused or ignored.

I've tried ignoring the calls but it's difficult when they call as much as they do.

What are my options? Is there an app out there or anything? I don't mind continuing to ignore them but it's not ideal

Cheers.

You might find it hard for the network to block calls. They will usually just offer you a change of telephone number. Differs between networks obviously.

If you JailBreak the phone then there is an app that will do it for you. I think it's a couple of dollars but works well.

I've got this app off Cydia called McCleaner, you can block any number, calls and texts with it.

Also, if you're texting slags you shouldn't be you can set it to have a tiny envelope next to the battery, all stored on the app to read at a later date.

AK

M240i
Blocking a number won't really work. They phone our work a lot and the numbers different every time, lol.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
This would be useful. Is the only thing I miss from the days of shitty Samsung phones

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant you just assign a different ringtone to it that is silent

Or just answer, spend 20 mins on the phone to them talking all about a loan you had and the payment protection insurance on it and keep them chatting for ages and then after 20 mins say "oh actually, no I have never had a loan with ppi, silly me"

Punto/Clio GTT
i use an app for my android called call blocker

you just add numbers to it and when that number tries to ring or send a text, it fails.

free app too

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i use an app for my android called call blocker

you just add numbers to it and when that number tries to ring or send a text, it fails.

free app too

Can you get a version that instead of failing, it answers them and just screams random abuse at them?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just answer it with "Congratulations, your the 1000th caller into baby booshes big bonanza callathon competition. Do you want the cash or the elephant?" and see what they say