ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bloody elf

Here are the details of Total Butler in Castleford: -

Call 01977 603363..............just ask for Debra

Cost is £69 for 24lts inc vat & delivery

Its supplied in 12 x 2ltr bottles.

Cya Stu

thanks for that, ill phone tomorrow.
The other thing is, has anyone had trouble getting to the oil, the flap that lifts up is sealed with a metal clip and Ive not got the right screw head to get the engine cover off!:mad:

Yeah its a b**ch to get that cover off although if you have a cup (like it says by your name) then you shouldnt have an engine cover. :confused:

Probably be easier to buy a cheap screwdriver set then trying to force the flap up.

so how come ELF is known to be better than other oil?

and does any of you change your oil after 6,000miles?? as iv had my car since it was last serviced at 11-12,000miles (renault gave it a service for me before i got the car) recon i should change the oil?? it still looks fine in the car tho:confused:

sorry was keeping on the subject!

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 16 June 2005
Yeah its a b**ch to get that cover off although if you have a cup (like it says by your name) then you shouldnt have an engine cover. :confused:Probably be easier to buy a cheap screwdriver set then trying to force the flap up.

Its a 182 with cup suspension and wheels etc.
Anyway found the tool and got the cover off. Got the wife to pick up some ELF oil from the dealers on her way home, £3 for 2ltrs 5W40, sorted!

I called them and they said the 182 uses 10W according to their charts, so be carefull when you get your car serviced, make sure they put in the right oil.

Quote: Originally posted by bogel on 16 June 2005

£3 for 2ltrs 5W40, sorted!

:eek:............£1.50 per litre..............:eek:..................if thats ELF Excellium LDX 5w-40 give us the phone number bogel.

Cya Stu

Well Fred............its reasonably priced, its what Reno recomend, its a decent oil............and me...........I change my oil every 6months.............last time that meant after 1700miles..............thats my reason :)

Cya Stu

5w40 is what it sais in the clio sport book that comes with the motor! dont listen to the mechanics at the renault dealers, they know frig all!

Quote: Originally posted by bogel on 17 June 2005

5w40 is what it sais in the clio sport book that comes with the motor! dont listen to the mechanics at the renault dealers, they know frig all!

Yep thats correct :D

ok so 5w-40 thats cool. iv been qoted £34.99 for OIL + FILTER change BUT its SHELL oil? is that ok is SHELL just as good? thanks an sorry for the silly questions i just dont want to put crap in the engine! an i know shell is good but is it as good?

Yeah should be OK Jay as long as its the correct rating ie 5w-40..............you dont say which Shell oil...............every oil company will supply a budget oil which just wont stay as good and give total protection for as as the better oils oir may not even be fully synthetic.................me I change my oil every 6months.

Cya Stu

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Jay@auto-mods on 16 June 2005

so how come ELF is known to be better than other oil?
its not, its simply who Renault have done a deal with to promote

Skoda Fabia vRS

also regarding Shell, if its the 5W-40 it should mean its Shell Helix Ultra, which is a fully synthetic oil and the only oil approved by Ferarri for their cars

tiTTy & SV650

Renault = French

Michelin = French

Elf = French

French looking after French but its good oil and at total butler prices its a bargain.