ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Insurance

Clio 197 F1
Just got my yearly renewal through from Elephant, i've been driving now for 4 years with 4 years NCD. Had my ex on the policy also with had previously brought the price down. I'm 21 in a low crime rate area.

New figure of £1400 on a mk2 172:(

Citroen DS3 DSport
Best get a quote elsewhere. I usually get some good figures from confused.com

I've found in the past that some insurance companies can come in with silly renewal quotes for no apparent reason other than they obviously no longer want my business, even if i've never claimed from them.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Give adrian flux a call

I got a really good quote with them for my 182. i'm 23, with 5yrs no claim, with a London Post code and i'm paying £640 (2 named drivers, both parents)

Clio 197 F1
Blimey that really is cheap, used to be insured with them when i had my modified Lupo Gti, they were reasonable ish then

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Give them a go, my policy is underwritten with Royal Sun Alliance, but it was the cheapest i had, Privilege were next with £677.

Forgot to add that both quotes were with protected NCB

Ant

Try getting a quote from the Elephant site....

They sent through my renewal not and wanted more than their site was quoting. I phoned them and told them and they said in those cases they use the online quote.

I think they try their luck because a lot of people probably just pay it with out questioning....

Clio 197 F1
Well worth the try though mate, normally confused are quite good... i just hate all the phoning around,seems to take forever..grrr

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that's exactly why I like to use Confused. Maybe I should phone some other companies if prices are coming in lower than Confused quote.

The AA seem to be consistently providing me with the cheapest quotes via confused.

Clio 197 F1
Yeah will just need to pick 4 or 5 and then get some quotes online, also in the process of speaking to elephant to see why its come through so high etc

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
£900 isn't so bad. Currently paying £760 on my 182 and I'm 31 with a clean licence and 10 years NCD. Just north of Manchester though so the postcode is a bit dodgy.

When I tell people abroad what we pay on car insurance over here, they just laugh. The insurers and the powers at be have fecked-up royally with insurance - so much so that they are in a situation of their own making that they cannot get out of.

An 18 year old with a quote of £2k for a H-plate Fiesta which probably cost him £500 in the first place is likely to think - feck it, I'll run the risk. Naturally (by shite coincidence) he'll be the type that has a smash and ploughs into Mr & Mrs Jones's '05 plate Mondeo. Who pays for it? Us. Why on earth they don't introduce a probationary period for new drivers - a sensible quote for a sensible car, but increase their premium by 500% if they have a smash in the first 2 years. It would certainly make them think and far less likely to drive a car without insurance in the first place.

D.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Wow Darren that's a bit steep considering your age. I'm 30, 8 points on my license (5 of which under 3 years) and live in a not so good area and I'm paying £650 fully comp on a 172.

ant

yep.
sneeks said:
Wow Darren that's a bit steep considering your age.

i was thinking that!

im 35, live in manchester [M16, dodgy!!! greenlight wont even quote me!!], only 2 years ncb and pay £685 fully comp.