ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody INsurance!!`

Abarth Grande Punto

Thinking of getting a Williams 3, well thats up and till i got the insurance quote!! Full Comp is

Your Price is £2375.46

Gutted! :(

ouch!!

thats even worse than the quote i was given for a williams which was around £1800

what was the main factor?

age, history, postcode???

2300 isnt that bad - some companies wouldnt quote me on a 16v, let alone a Williams. a 16v on a J plate was about 2700... (in my name, no NCD)

Daz.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by miltage2 on 04 March 2003

Thinking of getting a Williams 3, well thats up and till i got the insurance quote!! Full Comp is

Your Price is £2375.46

What company quoted this? Try other companies as there can be massive differences between them!!

Gutted! :(

Megane 225 baby! :)

Can totally agree with you there - looking around at the moment and phoned Churchill and More Than last night and got told, wait for this......... that they couldnt quote me as I was too young!!!!!! :D I will be 28 in just under 2 weeks - they wont quote anyone under 30 on the 172!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

It made my day to be told that I was too young but annoyed me as well as they are both large insurance companies!!! The girl @ Direct Line who I phoned next was shocked too!!!

Any suggestions for other companies to call re quotes????

Rob - i know everyone I have spoken to dont understand either - ah well their loss!!!

The 3 main contenders for me @ the moment is Tesco (renewal), Renault (anyone with these guys, if so wot they like as havent been with them for since didnt have free insurance and then that was with RAC????) and Direct Line.

Anyone had a quote from the Cliosport Insurers yet??? Would it be worth it as I have no mods on my car apart from clear side repeaters and a bagpuss hanging off my middle seatbelt!!!! :oops:

Clio Phase II 16V

im 23 with 4 nearly 5 years NCD ive had one accident woth full recovery as it was third partys fault, 6 points (2xsp30s) which mature to 3 years this year (march and August) and im with Admiral

MY PRICE £650 and I live near london

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa172 on 05 March 2003

Rob - i know everyone I have spoken to dont understand either - ah well their loss!!!

The 3 main contenders for me @ the moment is Tesco (renewal), Renault (anyone with these guys, if so wot they like as havent been with them for since didnt have free insurance and then that was with RAC????) and Direct Line.

Anyone had a quote from the Cliosport Insurers yet??? Would it be worth it as I have no mods on my car apart from clear side repeaters and a bagpuss hanging off my middle seatbelt!!!!

Im afraid Renault insurance is directline!

:eek: didnt realise that!!!! Best at the moment is Diamond - any of you girls at there with them? PM me to let me know what they are like?!?!

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 05 March 2003

I dont understand that, dannyboy has a cup and hes only just 21, hes with directline.
Its all about the area you live in. i have the Slough postcode where loadsa cars get nicked, but dont live in slough. Therefore my insurance in mega high.

http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com were the best for me. HIC/herts are great tpf&t but arent good fully comp. Im afraid you are going to pay a lot mate, I was 22 1yr ncb one non fault accident in the suburbs £1300. Try putting mum/girlfriend as second driver sometimes helps sometimes makes it worse. Obviously dont tell them or they will want to drive your car ;).