ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blower/heater resistor location?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
my blowers have stopped working. I've checked all the fuses and all are fine, so after searching on here it is most likely to be the resistor. My question is this - where is it, what does it look like and how do I change/fix it? I have just re-newed my membership hoping to find a guide/pic but cant find one.

Pop 'Clio Heater Resistor' into google images and it will show various pictures of the location of the unit and pictures of the part itself.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I found the resistor and removed it. Now i have bridged numbers 1 and 5 connectors and the fans come on full power as expected. Will it be ok to leave it like this for a few days until i get a new resistor? Shouldn't do any harm should it?

CAM00263_zpsryf76chs.jpg

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Kev. I wrote a guide on how to fix it it's in the guides section on this forum. Worth a shot if you're capable, saves quite a few pennies.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I thought there would be a guide but couldnt find it on here. I did find one on cliodci.net, it maybe the one you wrote? Anyway I've ordered a new resistor now for 3quid so just need to solder it on when it comes.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
benkay i just looked through your threads and found your guide. That is the one google found on cliodci.net, good write up. Couple of questions though, do you need to re-silicone it? And what silicone would i need?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Cliodci nicked it then! You don't need to re-silicone it. I did mine a good 3 years ago and didn't re-silicone and it's fine.