ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blower motor dropper resistor

i gotta change this for a friend as her heater fan only works on position 1 and 2 but not 3 have tried 3 different control panels so i am left to think it may be this

how easy is it to change do i have to take the whole fan motor unit out to change this ? or can i get away with just the wiper arms and scuttle panel?

called reno for this part and it seems there are 2 different types but the good news is they both cost £25.68 +vat

if its anything like the R5 gtturbo you can see it from the scuttle side but cant get to it without removing the dash heater matrix and heater box. proper pain in the ass :cry:

clio 16v

i have a similar problem, blowers dont work, but still do get hot, not blown a fuse, could it be a relay, or is it the same as above??

According to haynes - you have to remove the scuttle panel, wipers and motor - the relay is attached to the blower housing with 2 screws.

And mine does not work on any settings so its either the control panel, blower or this resistor thingy - just dont know which one!!!

I think matbrown has got one for me - but thanks for the offer matey! i am hoping its that which has gone - pain in the back side if not!!

Damn these french cars!

ive replaced my blower unit had to take out the wiper ass not as hard as it sounds oh and move the ecu. still prob at the mo as is not a connector on wires loose spade connectors instead cant get it right.grrrr blown 2 fuses and it smoking,but worked on 1 setting think its the relay thing on the side

The Jinx

This is quite easy.
night.icon, if it works on the slowest speed but not the fastest speed then it aint the resistor.

With the resistor blown it should still work on the fastest setting. The resistor just drops the speed for slow and medium.

Justy, this would imply the dropper resistor might not be to blame for yours, unless the whole things corroded and isnt letting any power through. Otherwise it may also be the multiplug thats fooked that plugs in to the resistor.

You could do with testing it all with a meter really.

the connector was knackered on mine but now using spades not sure which goes where as replaced blower,plug was taken out by prevous oner