ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowers not working

I didn't want to de-rail the other thread as my problem is slightly different.

This morning after starting the car I noticed my blowers aren't working. I can hear the pump/unit click/whine on and off if I turn it on and off. The AC units display works fine, all the buttons function no problems there at all. However they just don't blow anything at all.

I only have a short drive so thought perhaps something was frozen stiff? and am hoping it might work on my return journey this afternoon. -5 all the way to work, my windscreen misted slightly but not badly so perhaps they are blowing a tiny amount?

It deffinatley worked yesterday morning and I'm pretty sure yesterday afternoon was fine too.

Has anybody else had this? Sound like a major part will need replacing or there's a cheaper fix?

Thanks

BennyC

Thanks for replying.

Just checked the green 30amp fuse in the engine bay, on the right hand side with all the others under the black cover, and it's fine.

Do you happen to know which of the fuses on the passenger side panel need checking, if any?

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Almost certainly the resistor pack, it's under the driver's side scuttle panel. Part no. 7701051272 about £104 +vat from Reno, easy to fit, just 2 6mm bolts which are a bit of a faff.
I just had to replace my 2nd to solve identical symptoms, bought a second hand one off here but it only lasted about 2 months so i bought a new one now so if it does it again (within a year) the dearlers will replace it. So they say.

Almost certainly the resistor pack, it's under the driver's side scuttle panel. Part no. 7701051272 about £104 +vat from Reno, easy to fit, just 2 6mm bolts which are a bit of a faff.
I just had to replace my 2nd to solve identical symptoms, bought a second hand one off here but it only lasted about 2 months so i bought a new one now so if it does it again (within a year) the dearlers will replace it. So they say.

Thanks, Just finished checking all the fuses.

Nearest dealer wants £105.39 + VAT. Going to speak to Cliospares and see what they have and how soon they can get it to me.

Just bolts and the plugs/connectors?

Kool thanks. Sent the mother in as they wont take payment over the phone :S Shall pick it up on Tuesday, sounds like a half hour job?

Might have a stab at repairing the old one.