ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowers Stopped working but will come on once in a while?

54 Clio 182 2.0
So my Blowers stopped working about a month ago, and i thought it was that transistor or whatever you call it, but in a morning when i first fire her up occasionally the blowers will work:S I have been told by an electrician that a transistor will either work or not, so im guessing thats not the problem..

Any ideas??

Cheers in advance!

CLS, RS MEG
The transistor may not be broken, but if lose i.e. the solder holding it onto the PCB in broken, it will be intermittent. I would start by changing the resister pack. My clio developed a similar problem. Rob

54 Clio 182 2.0
cheers rob would you advise me to try buy another transistor and fit it in myself according to the guide on here?

CLS, RS MEG
I bought one from Maplins, and soldered it onto the board. It worked for 2 days, and then failed. I bought a second hand complete pack off here, which has worked fine since :)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I had a simillar problem with my 306 Dturbo i know it's a diffrent car but i guest they all work the same way, anyway turned out that it was a earth problem.