ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Bullet Detailed and V6 Induction Set Up

200 Gordini
V6 Airbox set up with Pipercross filter, blue 70mm bend and my home made catch tank which is bloody brilliant if say so myself..

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

When I get round to it i'll paint the can black. I've got a few things planned for the bay too so watch this space.

Now on to the detail..

I haven't took any before picture because the car was washed the day before and was still spotless so I removed the number plates..

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

Snowfoamed with 1 inch of super snow foam and a touch of APC..

DSCF1062.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Left that to dwell for 5 or 6 minutes and jet washed off. Snowfoamed applied again and got into all of the crevices and agitated the rubbers with the detail brush..

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1080.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

Door and boot shuts sprayed with Meguires APC through a foam head..

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Jetwashed the snowfoam off then liberally sprayed the number plates recesses with APC and worked with a detail brush..

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

Wheels removed and got to work on the arches..

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

Meguires ACP with a foam head left to dwell..

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

Snowfoamed with supersnowfoam and a dash of APC..

DSCF1077.jpg

Left that on while I washed the car with Meguires shampoo plus.

DSCF1130.jpg

Dried by laying a Miracle Dryer on the roof and bonnet to remove most of the water and then patted dry with a Uber Premium drying towel aided by Meguires quick detailer..

DSCF1131.jpg

Removed the forum URL from the side windows to be replaced with blue ones..

DSCF1052.jpg

Engine bay was cleaned with Meguires ACP through a foam head and agitated with a detail blush. Dressed the plastics with Autoglym vinyl and rubber dressing..

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

Clayed the paintwork with Autobahn soft clay..

DSCF1053.jpg

Some tar spots remained to tackled these with Autoglym Tar remover..

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

Snowfoamed and washed again..

Wheels: wash, clay, polish with SRP, seal with EGP and re sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant. Unfortuently my camera is broke and cousin took hers back so no pictures for these processes.

Re painted the calipers because some of the paint was flaking off..

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1072.jpg

Dressed the arches with Autoglym bumper care..

Taped up.

DSCF1094.jpg

My paint work was still in good condition except the following:

DSCF1083.jpg

DSCF1084.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

Apart from these which were tackled with Menzerna 'Power Finish' I was confident that Menzerna 'Final Finish' on a polishing pad (Megs 7'' and Sonus 4'') would do me good. I was left with a few RDS but its never good chasing a 100% corrected finish..

DSCF1095.jpg

After:

DSCF1097.jpg

Snowfoamed, washed and dried again..

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

For the LSP I cracked out a christmas present, the Werkstat Acrylic kit.

Prime was applied and worked with a Sonus finishing spot pad.

I got 3 layers of acrylic jet trigger down on the first night. I bloody love this stuff! Put it on everything.. Not only does it leave a great slick finish on the paintwork but also plastics, rubbers etc. etc.

The exhaust was still minty fresh from the week before but I gave it a quick spruce up with Autosol metal polish and SRP which i tried to capture in this picture..

DSCF1152.jpg

The interior was hoovered then cleansed with Autoglym interior shampoo and the leather was cleansed with LTT leather cleaner. Plastics were dressed with Poorboys natural look dressing..

DSCF1134.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1140.jpg

Tidied and hoovered the boot and cleansed and dressed with the above process. I replaced the ISOFIX bar cover because I didn't like the bare metal showing..

DSCF1146.jpg

Tires dressed with i4detailings own tyre dressing which does last well but messy to apply.. I'd recommend rubber gloves.

AFTER:

DSCF1164.jpg

DSCF1166.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

DSCF1165.jpg

(Different now)
DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

Trying to get metallic flake:
DSCF1163.jpg

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1179.jpg

DSCF1181.jpg

DSCF1174.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

DSCF1152.jpg

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1145.jpg

ROOF:

DSCF1175.jpg

DSCF1176.jpg

BONNET:

DSCF1177.jpg

Ignore the windows in this please :dapprove::
DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

DSCF1165.jpg

DSCF1182.jpg

And a couple I've found from the Renault Sport National meet:

P1010373.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

4532165646_5b5cb73575.jpg

I've probably missed bits but I'm tired :(

DB.

BMW 440i
Cracking write up! Love it!

Good to see you getting the wheels off, ill be doing that in a few weeks and sealing the wheels and giving the arches a good scrubbing.

Stagecoach Ticket
Proberly the cleanest car i have ever seen! top work! would look ace with a ktec gloss carbon fibre spilter.

Engine bay polish with a carbon engine cover?

Top car all round though!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Wow! looks like alot of time and hard work had been put into this, and it's paid off! Looks brilliant mate

200 Gordini
Thanks guys. Not 100% sure about the engine bay yet but I know it'll just be painted inlets.

I forgot to put that the wheels were foamed with very cherry wheel cleaner first and were de tarred with autoglym tar remover too :)

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Honestly, i wish i had the skills / patients to be able to achieve such a high standard finish. Don't suppose you fancy coming to Bristol lol?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome work!

The only grumble from me is the Megane splitter. They look ugly IMO, I'd replace it with the Skoda one since it's only £15.

Other than that, faultless!

Audi TT 3.2
looks amazing, came up really nice!

as said though the only chaneg would be the splitter, you current one just looks to big imo!

Iceberg 172
Jesus christ... that is an epic clean. I wish I had the time / effort / skill to do this. But I don't. I need to pay someone to detail mine, I really want it done, and then I can keep on top of it.

Looks a lovely car... very jealous of the recaro's!

Mini Cooper S sport
My God!

How many times did you snowfoam that?

I would never, ever, ever have the patience to do all that.

Do mine? Please?

Goes without saying it looks amazing, but in a few weeks it'll be all grubby again..

Fiesta ST3
lovely mate!

just a quick question, when you use APC on the Door and boot shuts, how do you rinse? with a hose or damp cloth?

More poke than viagr
Jesus christ mate, serious Kudos for that!! Does look amazing afterwards, like a brand new car!

Would you be able to de swirl mine for me?? Im only 5 mins away :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looking really good, just need to clean up the fuel rail/inlet to finish it off :)

200 Gordini
Thanks everyone, Really appreciate the comments.

As for the splitter, I put it on when my cup splitter broke. I totally agree but it does look better when you see it in person.. it only pictures well at certain angles. I'll probably get around to fixing my cup splitter at some point though.

my sticker maketh thee car ;)

BTM wouldn't be where it is today without that sticker in my bay TBH.

Very nice! When can you do mine? :eek:

Whenever you like, how many times have i offered :rasp:

My God!

How many times did you snowfoam that?

I would never, ever, ever have the patience to do all that.

Do mine? Please?

Goes without saying it looks amazing, but in a few weeks it'll be all grubby again..

I'd love to but you're a bit far away, I'm sure there are forum members near to you who would happily do the Meg.

lovely mate!

just a quick question, when you use APC on the Door and boot shuts, how do you rinse? with a hose or damp cloth?

I tend wash it off with my usual shampoo and a mitt after i've washed the rest of the car. The other way is to jetwash it off but you need to get the teqnique other wise you'll end up with a wet interior lol

Jesus christ mate, serious Kudos for that!! Does look amazing afterwards, like a brand new car!

Would you be able to de swirl mine for me?? Im only 5 mins away :)

I've said i'll do it ;) just give me a ring or text when you want it doing.

Looking really good, just need to clean up the fuel rail/inlet to finish it off :)

Thats next on the list. The inlets will either be going gloss black or just silver.

DB.

BMW 440i
Just read this...again and thought...again what a cracking job you have done ;)

We will have to arrange a mini meet in Bham over the Summer once ive given mine a going over! In either your 182 or 200!