ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Flame Exhausts

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've already done a search and didn't really come up with any constructive answers so I'm asking again. One has come up for sale locally second hand and I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow. He had it on ebay for £210 but I'm not willing to pay that much for it. It comes with decat aswell

What are they like for sound? Loud and boomy or a quiet burble until throttled?
How well do they fit, and do they stay in place or wil it need a little fiddling to get right?
Will the system fit onto the standard cat when it comes time for the MOT?
Quality of the stainless and welds?
It's done approx 15,000miles so what should I be looking to pay for it?

All opinions on it welcome but I don't really want any other recommendations as ideally I would love a Scorpion system :cool: , but I don't have the money just yet for a new system

Cheers people

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm pretty sure these get sold 2nd Hand for Next to Nothing IIRC

Look Really Nice but I've heard they can take a bit of time and fiddling to get right, A few people have them or have had them on here as there was a Big Group Buyquite a while back,

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sound wise, fairly loud. Not as loud as yozzasport though. Booms at motorway speed, but every aftermarket exhaust resonates on the 182's.
They fit as well as any aftermarket system, they all end blowing at some point due to the expansion when hot (every system I've seen has suffered this at some point).
Standard cat will bolt straight on.
No idea welds etc.
I wouldn't pay more than £150.

SchwepTek™
Sound wise, fairly loud. Not as loud as yozzasport though. Booms at motorway speed, but every aftermarket exhaust resonates on the 182's.
They fit as well as any aftermarket system, they all end blowing at some point due to the expansion when hot (every system I've seen has suffered this at some point).
No idea welds etc.

Agreed completely!

Picked mine up for £100 second hand and it takes a bit of fiddling about but otherwise sounds great. Quite boomy on motorways with decat but ok without.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No idea welds etc.

Agreed completely!

Picked mine up for £100 second hand and it takes a bit of fiddling about but otherwise sounds great. Quite boomy on motorways with decat but ok without.
Did you have Riz's mate?

Clio 172
I've got a cat back blueflame on my 172.It's quite loud.does annoy you sometimes on the motorway cos of the noise.I am happy with it other than that tho

Black Twingo GT
Yeah mines alright, not too boomy. It done a fair few miles with no issues. Sounds pretty good at higher revs.

Im getting rid of mine very soon as I have a replacement in the garage (its been there since November...no time to fit it!), yours for £145.00....though the courier to essex may be a fair bit and you'd have to arrange it!

Dan

53 Clio's & counting
iv got one too, mines been on for about 12k now, and its split on me twice,but to be fair i am putting that down to my engine moving so much, now my engine's sorted and iv welded it back up its spot on again, i find it not too loud, quiet even if you learn to go gentle on the throttle, though my cats still in

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cheers for all the replies guys, not quite sure about it now as I have to drive on dual carriageways every day. And no-one seems to think there wonderful like the millteks and Yozza's.

I guess I'll just have to see it and see what he's willing to take for it, hopefully just a milky bar and a pack of skittles!!

LY V6 with Recaros
I had one on my 182, I think it sounded really nice, it was quite loud but it never bothered me on long journeys. It took a bit of fiddling to get the fit right though. I know most of the other systems are supposed to be better welds etc but for the money I paid I couldn't complain, it looked ok to me!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
YS is louder & better build and sounds miles better, i had a blueflame and got rid for YS. BLueflame is a very tinny sound, YS more race/rally like and alot nicer rasp. The blueflame was too quiet tbh