ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue "stuff" in engine bay

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, just noticed a little bit of what looks like blue paint in my engine bay. Only a little bit, on top of a couple of the components. Not sure if it has always been there, but only a small amount, just me being a bit obsessive and wanting to clean it of. But I just want to find out what it is before I start trying to remove it as don't really like touching engine components unless I can help it. Anyone else have this? Kind of sky blue in colour. Sorry got no photo to show.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mine had yellow bits on most of the components, think its what renault do before they leave the factory to make sure its all spot on.

iceburg 172
well yea maybe, i work in honda an they mark all nuts, bolts with paint wich basicly means they have been torqued up

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Same here . Lots of little blue n yellow dots of paint in my engine bay . Like deano says , it'll be so they know that component has been installed and finished i guess .

this im sure is some sort of grease to protect battery points, mine had a nice liberal and messy spraying after going in for its 36k service over summer. i never inquired but it was a b**ch to make clean and shiny again :(

pretty sure thats what it is :)

jamie

106 GTi
Mine has the blue dots on lots of bits, I am leaving it on so it looks factory lol!

Can see one here on the PAS bottle

IMG_5680.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
this im sure is some sort of grease to protect battery points, mine had a nice liberal and messy spraying after going in for its 36k service over summer. i never inquired but it was a b**ch to make clean and shiny again :(

pretty sure thats what it is :)

jamie

Grease ? Its definitely not grease , lol . Its paint , little dots all around the engine bay not just on the battery .

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mine has the blue dots on lots of bits, I am leaving it on so it looks factory lol!

Can see one here on the PAS bottle

IMG_5680.jpg

Fook!! is there any dust or dirt anywhere on your car rich! Thats cleaner than one just out the factory lol

106 GTi
LOL @ dirt free roads, I wish!

I only clean cars, but by all means lend me your girfriends :clown:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh that is exactly what I have. Is there any quick and easy way to remove does anyone know? Not sure I agree with the "Factory look" Rich! It is just some paint on my engine components to me....

If it is a lot of work or dangerous in anyway though I will leave it be.:cool:

106 GTi
There was spot on my fuel rail cover that annoyed me, I just picked it off with my nail.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think there is a bit too much and in hard to reach places so I will leave it be.

I think my car may have a hole in the back-box so think that is a slightly more pressing issue!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's when they do count checks to make sure no stuff is missing in the factory.