ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth Auto Connect (iTouch)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hey all. Bit of a long shot, but maybe someone has the answer to my problem.

Installed my bluetooth stereo today, and plan to stream music off of my iPod Touch (2g, OS 4.2.1, Jailbroken). My iPod connects if I go into settings>general>Bluetooth> tap the name of the stereo.

However, it doesn't reconnect by itself. Of course, when the stereo goes off it loses the connection, so every time I start the engine and every time I get into the car, I have to get the iPod out and trawl through settings and manually connect. This sucks.

When I have my phone in the car (I've tried without the phone in the car so it's not overruling the iPod, and the iPod was paired way before the phone), it connects straight away.

So, has anyone found a way past this? I just want it to reconnect when it loses connection, I wouldn't even mind if it just searched when bluetooth is switched on, since I can toggle that on and off. It's a shame, because it means sitting there for a minute or so with the engine idling before I've even got my music!

Stereo is a Sony MEX-BT3600U. And it has nothing to do with the stereo, since it accepts other devices fine. I think it's due to the iPod only being discoverable when in the bluetooth menu.

Last edited: