ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap CarPlay head unit in a Clio 1*2? Here’s an option…?

ksixx

ClioSport Club Member
Is there any option to adjust the input gain in the settings?
So ive actually got a bluetooth CD multi changer emulator that the mic runs off of so has no settings that im aware of, i did think it was a cheapo mic so do have a better branded one to attempt to swap over and see if that sorts it out in some way. Will create my own post with the full break down and bits used, and the niggles 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Any idea how the top dash mounted displays cope in warm weather? Just wondering that in the summer months when it 25C+ and your car is sat parked up in the sun, are these units likely just to die a quick death?

Oh, and with anything like this - a pack of these along with some trim removal tools are an absolute god-send. I can't imagine the rage I would have had in trying to pass cables around the back of the dash without them.

1675154714142.png

Clio MK2 PH3
Trying to achieve something similar, Been in the process of fitting this, with a few adaptations to make it hardwired, and look part of the dash, no wires etc. whilst retaining the orginal headunit, and controls. only issue is the mic that ive wired in up to the cabin light has awful feedback so makes the hands free abit problematic. Still working my way through attaching it against the orginal display screen, looking at some plastic welding with a ball joint as an anchor point etc to attach the screen to .View attachment 1629413
Which unit is that?

ksixx

ClioSport Club Member
Which unit is that?
Sorry for the delay. Link here Some top drive/ top road or something similar one from ali express but it specifically had dual-band Bluetooth. From my searches its one of the only at an alright price sub £200 this was around a year ago so something new might be out now that's bit more stylish/powerful/priced better etc

Last edited: